Job Title: Health Specialist- Maternal & New Born Health, Country: Uganda, Organization: Save the Children, Closing date: 29 Nov 2021
Health Specialist (Maternal and Newborn Health) – Wakiso
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Health Specialist for the Maternal and New Born Health Project in Kampala – Wakiso. The Health Specialist, with the support of the Head of Health will support technical management for the planning and implementation of maternal and newborn interventions in five priority health facilities in Kampala City. The position will work with KCCA health directorate, divisional health authorities, clinical mentors and trainers to improve quality of care for mothers (particularly those likely to deliver premature/small babies), and small and sick newborns by supporting delivery and institutionalization of evidence-based lifesaving interventions this network of health facilities. The position will contribute to ensuring that project interventions are delivered in a timely fashion and key lessons learned and best practices captured.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- University degree in public health, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, epidemiology or other health related science is required.
- At least three years of professional experience in public health and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health programming, is required.
- Experience in urban health programming would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in program/project development and management in any international or national NGO in Uganda is an asset.
- Experience working with coordination mechanisms such as technical working groups
- Demonstrated training and technical advisory skills; seasoned in capacity-building
- Advanced computer skills such as excel, power point and other analysis tools.
- Proficiency in English language, both verbal and written
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 29 November 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS43NDIzOS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20