Myanmar Education Consortium Intern at Save the Children Myanmar
Job Title: Myanmar Education Consortium Intern
The Myanmar Education Consortium (MEC) partners with selected ethnic and monastic education providers to strengthen their capacity to deliver and sustain good quality learning opportunities for hard-to-reach children in Myanmar. MEC provides funding, coordination, technical assistance and research across different local partner organisations to promote continuous improvement of education services and a supportive operating environment for ethnic and monastic education providers. MEC is currently at the outset of its third phase of implementation with a strategy period of 2021-2024 and is currently recruiting for a fluent English speaker to serve as an intern (unpaid), providing remote management assistance and communications support to the programme. In return, the intern will gain experience and insight to the day-to-day management of a large scale ($15 million/year annual budget) education programme that is operating in a fragile context characterised as both development and humanitarian. Based on the interests of the intern, additional responsibilities and tasks may be agreed upon to expand the scope of work.
The MEC Intern will report to the MEC Director, providing assistance to the MEC senior leadership team on a range of tasks, including minute taking, proof reading/editing communication materials and reports, setting up online filing systems and producing briefs and presentations for management use. The intern will contribute a 25% LoE, roughly equating to 10 hours/week, with schedules to be carved out through discussions at the outset of each month in line with priority timelines/ scheduling of key implementation priorities. The intern will be remotely based, working online with flexibility on hours.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Management Assistance
- Ensure efficient and timely support to the Myanmar Education Consortium Director and other Directors in the Senior Leadership Team;
- Prepare concise and accurate minutes for quarterly Steering Committee meetings, Senior Leadership Team meetings and other selected meetings (utilising online meeting recordings and/or attendance at meetings);
- Review communication pieces, programme management manuals and/or donor report drafts, supporting in proof reading and editing text as necessary.
- Provide support to revising the programme’s online programme filing system, ensuring that project files are established and maintained.
- Support, as requested, in preparing presentations or other briefs for management use in meetings or workshops.
- Other tasks / assignments as agreed based on the interests and talents of the post holder.
Child Safeguarding Responsibility:
· Ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
Conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Student (undergraduate or graduate) of development or international studies or related discipline seeking to gain experience in management aspects of working in the development and/or humanitarian field;
· Fluency in written and spoken English;
· Ability to proof read and edit reports and communication materials;
· Interest to learn and take initiative;
· Excellent people skills, politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and respect;
· Ability to work independently as well as with a team;
· The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in light of challenging circumstances;
· Ability to work under pressure to produce outputs within a per-determined timeframe;
Background in education and/or the Myanmar context desired but not required.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to:
Hum**an Resources Department | Save the Children International|** No. 126/A, 2nd Floor, Dhamazedi Road, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not later than 5 P.M., 05 December 2021 (Sunday).**
Candidates are also requested to mention in the applications if there is a blood/marriage relationships with any existing Save the Children Myanmar employees or any Myanmar Education Consortium partner organisations. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be required to provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member in his/her University.