Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
The Grant Writer works to secure and maintain funding for Water For People by writing grant concepts, proposals and reports and working closely with the Grants Unit. The Grant Writer supports effective communications by fashioning persuasive pitches tailored to the donor’s level of familiarity with water, sanitation, and hygiene. Powerful and compelling concepts, proposals, and reports will be developed for corporations, foundations, individuals, bilateral, and multilateral agencies to meet and exceed Water For People’s annual revenue targets. In this position, the Grant Writer will likely work on grant proposals and reports related to programs in Latin and Central America.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
· Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant concepts, proposals and reports to donors as directed by Relationship Managers and Senior Grant Writer
· Complies with all grant reporting as required by donors
· Works closely with the Grants Unit to achieve a seamless cross-departmental process for development of proposals and reports
· Advises Relationship Managers on strategies to fit programmatic work to donor interests
· As requested by offices in Latin and Central America, provides support to or training for in-country funding opportunities, serving as a resource to the local/regional Business Development teams
· Works across departments to identify funding targets, and gathers accurate and relevant information to build and write the best possible case for each funder
· Serves as an informational resource to the Donor Impact Team and Grants Unit
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience is required
· 3 or more years of progressively responsible grant writing experience is required
· 3 or more years of progressively responsible fundraising experience is required
· 1 or more years of experience working for a nonprofit is required
· English fluency is required
· Spanish proficiency required
· Experience living abroad preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Ability to work remotely in Colorado or from an office setting in the Denver metro area
· Candidates from these Latin American countries, Guatemala, Honduras, and Peru, where Water For People operate are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be a citizen or legally authorized to work in one of these three countries. Ability to work remotely in one of these countries or in an office setting at a Water For People office.
· This position will be based out of the Denver, Colorado global office
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact and Further Information:
For earliest consideration submit your application by December 1st.
This is an exempt position if based in the U.S.
Salary Range: ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE IS $52,000 – $62,000 / YEAR
(if based in Latin America an equivalent salary will be determined)
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage healthy living for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind, and social well-being. To that end, we provide a global EAP and Telehealth benefit to address your holistic health. Healthy living also includes financial wellness tools including, digital tools, classes, counseling, paid time off and generous retirement savings plan.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Water For People is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to creating a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. Water for people strives to create and maintain a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, tribal affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, disability, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities is critical to our ability to have a world where every person has access to reliable and safe water and sanitation services.
Our commitment ensures that we:
· Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
· Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating each other with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling us to feel welcome, supported, and valued.
· Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders within our diverse communities.
· Have diversity of thought, perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and talents that will support our mission to develop high-quality drinking water and sanitation services are available to Everyone Forever.
How to apply:
Please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position.