Program Manager Job Vacancy at Orbis International Ethiopia
As a member of the Orbis International team, the Program Manager (PM), manages implementation and provides effective support to Orbis International’s Africa and Asia program portfolio in Bangladesh, China, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Mongolia, Vietnam and Zambia. The PM works to increase departmental efficiency through the development and maintenance of program management systems with a focus on Africa and Asia Regions. They coordinate, monitor and support grant-related activities in the assigned country programs as well as proposal writing and donor reporting. The PM serves as the main information and knowledge resource for the Africa and Asia Regions; ensure communication and support to and from assigned country offices; and liaises closely with clinical services department, Monitoring & Evaluation, Cybersight, and Flying Eye Hospital to ensure efficient support to country programs.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Program Manager reports directly to the Senior Program Manager (SPM). They support the assigned Africa and Asia Country Directors and the Director Program Management. They work closely with all members of the global program department and liaises closely with the Development, Finance, Communications, Legal & Compliance, and other relevant departments
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Provide on-going program management support services to the SPM, country directors
and program teams in achieving their work goals, including:
- Coordinate NY logistical support for delivering clinical training activities in the Africa and Asia regions (Hospital Based Training, Flying Eye Hospital, fellowships, and Orbis Modular education).
- Review and coordinate development and finalization of program reports as needed.
Provide guidance to assigned Africa and Asia program offices on the following:
- Explore and identify potential and innovative calls for proposals applicable to the Africa and Asia region.
- Communicate the details of call for proposals to Development and country offices
- Facilitate country level discussions, concept and project plan development, and drafting proposals.
- Coordinate approval process for new concept notes and proposals.
- Provide remote support throughout the proposal lifecycle from proposal development, project initiation, implementation and close-out.
- Plan, explore and identify opportunities for regional or multi-country project development.
- Work closely with the SPM to design and manage pilot projects, technical projects and new projects.
- Develop and maintain program management systems to ensure efficient project implementation and tracking of performance in the Africa and Asia regions.
- Assist the Global Program team to develop programmatic tools, guidelines and resources to support program management systems.
- Participate and/or lead field, regional and global level training on aforementioned tools, guidelines and resources.
- Work closely with Finance and Grants Management in collaboration with SPM to convene periodic country-based joint finance and program reviews, support tracking of program performance and documentation for the overall effective implementation of the Africa and Asia program portfolios (in close collaboration with development).
- Liaise with Development, providing necessary information on the Africa and Asia program portfolio and support the development of proposals and report writing.
- Organize key global & regional meetings, including agenda development, coordination of participants and overseeing logistics.
- Participate in the Flying Eye Hospital planning visits, Hospital Based Trainings and projects, as required.
: Working remotely. Preference is for the PM to be located in one of Orbis International’s country offices, namely: Addis Ababa – Ethiopia; Accra – Ghana; Beijing – China; Dhaka – Bangladesh; Hanoi – Vietnam; Lusaka – Zambia; New Delhi – India; or Ulaanbaatar – Mongolia.Job Requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree; Master’s Degree in International Development/Public Health or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of public health project management experience, preferably in an international NGO.
- Minimum 2 years of practical work experience in the health sector in Africa and or Asia region.
- Proven experience in design and delivery of international development programs.
- Proven experience in proposal development and grants management.
- Experience in international eye health is an advantage.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good communication skills with excellent verbal and written English language skills is required.
- Verbal and written skills in one or more Asian language skills is desirable.
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated report and proposal-writing skills.
- High degree of computer literacy including MS Office, presentation software and knowledge resource databases, search engines etc.
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies would be a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally 30% of the time.
How To Apply:
Applicants are required to use the following links to submit their applications: Program Manager (Africa & Asia) | Orbis
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures
who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.