CMAM Officer Job Vacancy at World Vision Ethiopia
Number Of Positions: 4
Duration of the contract: 6 months
Purpose of the position:
CMAM Officer is expected to support health facilities and ensure the IYCF promotion, counseling, and support for mothers at the Therapeutic Feeding Programs (TFP) and Targeted Supplementary Food Program (TSFP) in CMAM sites. The Officer has the responsibility to ensure high-quality IYCF activities, closely coordinated an integrated with the Emergency Nutrition Response project. The CMAM Officer ensures the project’s activities fit within the framework of the National Nutrition Program and ensures good relations with local stakeholders.
· Supporting woredas and PHCU in planning and conducting nutrition screening activities;
· Ensuring existence of functional referral pathways and linkages between communities and HF and vice versa;
· Promoting the availability of services to which beneficiaries can be referred, training of staff in nutrition screening and referral services;
· Ensuring that HFs are equipped with minimum supplies needed for nutrition screening activities, (e.g. MUAC tapes, registration and reporting format, referral forms, guidelines etc.);
· Promoting and supporting community mobilization and sensitization activities towards nutrition screening program.
· Support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach.
· Implement and Provide technical support for TSFP (food distribution), Site preparation (IDPs), and mobilization of community, and nutritional screening for both host & IDPs
· Conduct regular supportive supervision and provide technical support on stabilization Center and Outpatient Therapeutic Program sites every week;
· Ensure linkage of OTP discharges, MAM children, and acutely Malnourished PLW to distribution of protection and TSF ration (If applicable);
· Print, laminate and Provide the necessary OTP/SC guide lines and protocols for running OTP/SC, photocopy for other related activities;
· Protect, promote and support Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program in the health system, including health facilities with due emphasis on enhancing the availability and integration of IYCF counselling services.
· Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form)
· Ensure the integration of IYCF to CMAM programming through strengthening of psychosocial & emotional sites & IYCF promotion & counselling;Job Requirements:Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Qualifications: BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
Certificate: on acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training, Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training, Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS) and Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM required
Required Professional Experience: Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM/SC/OTP/TSFP/ IYCF program;
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
· Demonstrated skills in CMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Experience in cascading family MUAC approach
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Good human relation skills.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
· Strong adherence to World Vision values;
· Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
· Prepared to live and work in an remote and uncertain security environment
· Fluent in oral and written English and Afan OromoWorking Environment / Conditions:
· Willingness to work in SC centersHow To Apply:
How to apply:
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form. Applicants should email the employment application form on or before the closing date of this announcement to Abebe_Zewdu@wvi.org
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
We don’t receive hard copies