Job Title: Expert Logistics*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
As Expert Logistics you will be responsible for all logistics activities for KfW funded projects. You will perform sourcing activities for a variety of requirements in Mambasa, Lokando and the coordination unit of Goma, ensuring best value within required lead times, compliance to Welthungerhilfe and donor regulations, and timely reporting. You will collaborate closely with the logisticians based on the field and the staff of the same department in Goma.
- Lead the preparation and implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and timetables
- Ensure that Welthungerhilfe regulations for awarding of contracts (RAC) and donor regulations are upheld in the project operations
- Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide variety of commodities (protective equipment, vehicles, materials) and services for the best overall value to the project
- Contribute to the supply chain management efforts including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, expediting, and delivery of the required goods and/or services
- Prepare, issue, and negotiate RFQ(s) for assigned procurements such as materials, equipment, commodities, works and services
- Understand and ensure compliance with legal guidelines, contracting principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements
- Provide leadership of overall property management and inventory control, reports, reconciliations for both expendables and nonexpendables according to Welthungerhilfe and donor rules and regulations
- Conduct cycle inventory reconciliation, conduct planned inventory and post spraying inventory exercise, maintain and update asset and inventory records for the project
- Ensure timely reporting on stock status to the Area Manager and help project staff to plan stock replenishment in various locations and adherence to Welthungerhilfe standard procurement operating (SOP) procedures
- Conduct logistics training workshops for project staff on storage, distribution, and inventory control
- Manage the vehicle pool and transportation: Organize the allocation and daily availability of vehicle(s); establish tools for vehicles follow-up: logbooks, technical checkups, use of seatbelts, adherence to speed limits, vehicle booking process and movement monitoring system etc.
- A university or polytechnic degree in logistics/supply chain management or a related professional/vocational training
- At least 2-5 years of project management experience in humanitarian or development logistics and procurement functions, preferably in the region
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness to work in difficult settings
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- A very good command of both written and spoken English and French
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply:
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 19, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.