Job Title: Program Quality and Design Advisor II – (US Only)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS’s Mission & Mobilization Division (M2) is building a movement of millions of people in the United States and around the world to increase the Church’s impact and influence in combatting global poverty, violence and injustice. Animated by our Catholic faith’s call to action to alleviate suffering and work to create a more just world for the world’s poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, our Movement Building strategy is the o utward expression of missionary discipleship—calling forth leaders who have encountered Christ in the face of the poor, becoming prophetic advocates for justice and the common good.
The Program Quality and Design Advisor in M2’s Campaign team works closely with relevant teams in the Strategy & Operations unit, Charitable Giving, Marketing and Communications, and others, to develop criteria and analytics used to measure constituents’ activity and identify emerging leaders in our chapter-based initiatives.
The Program Quality and Design Advisor works closely with the Managers of Campaign team to surface and apply learnings, best practices, performance analytics, constituent focus group feedback and other research to maintain a consistent constituent experience and adapt tactics to optimize performance of campaign objectives. The Program Quality and Design Advisor collaborates closely with the Strategy and Op erations team to support measurement, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) throughout the Mission and Mobilization department’s campaign strategy.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Develops, monitors and reports on criteria to analyze constituents’ movement along the CRS engagement pathway shared by Mission and Mobilization, Marketing and Communications, and Charitable Giving
- Develops, monitors and reports on the effectiveness of campaign content and action by establishing relevant evaluation metrics and collection capabilities; supports continuous quality improvement in daily work and operations
- Ensures consistent and coordinated approach to analysis and understanding of holistic US based constituent engagement in close collaboration with analytics teams in Charitable Giving and Marketing and Communications
- Supports research with a focus on behavioral science, focus groups, and market research in close collaboration with Marketing and Communications
- Lead design thinking processes and regular feedback mechanisms within and across key audiences to instill continual learning throughout campaign lifecycles
Required Languages– Excellent English verbal and written communications skills. Spanish fluency highly preferred.
Travel: Once traveling is possible, must be willing and able to travel occasionally the US.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and constituents in a cooperative and friendly manner
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Catholic social teaching and its practical application, contemporary Catholic Church issues and trends; knowledge of the structure of the Catholic Church in the U.S. and demonstrated ability to work within its culture
- Broad knowledge of international issues, particularly related to the developing world
- Master’s degree preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities None
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions CRS’s Baltimore office or telecommuting as negotiated.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, international development, international business, business, nonprofit management, or related field. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of five (5) years project management experience with demonstrated experience tracking and analyzing data, establishing evaluation metrics, and making program recommendations based on research and analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre- employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
*EOE/M/F/D/V –* CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.