Job Title: MEAL Coordinator – Nigeria – Maiduguri
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
Our mission in NIGERIA has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the MEAL Coordinator?
As Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator you will be responsible for guiding the overall MEAL strategy and implementation or related activities within projects while providing timely and relevant information to stakeholders.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy: You will lead the design and the roll-out of a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance integrating cross-cutting issues (gender, protection, accountability, do-no-harm, community participation, disability, etc.).
- Training and technical support: You will provide a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of MEAL plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” analysis, terms of references of internal and external evaluations etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluation: You will look over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by your department (studies, maps…).
- Accountability: You will make sure your department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers.
- Human Resources Management: You will support training of program teams within your fields of expertise.
- Knowledge building: You will contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques.
The challenges that await you:
- The poor MEAL culture is expressed by a lack of ownership of M&E and a poor understanding of roles and responsibilities at different leadership levels.
- The knowledge management system at the mission level should be improved and should start with a sound archiving system for project evidence.
- PowerBi should be effective as a central tool for data visualization to minimize data analysis time by MEAL Staff.
- Finalize the revised MEAL strategy for 2022 onwards
- Lack of time to develop MEAL-related guides and SOPs.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience abroad with international NGOs, you master MEAL teams management. A previous experience in emergency response, in setting up a MEAL department, or in health programs monitoring would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data, ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring. You master data bases, kobo and other data software, and have a good knowledge in statistics and sampling methods. You have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have good written communication skills.
- Qualities: You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills, trustworthiness, organisational skills, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, Spanish and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« This position is a great opportunity to challenge your capacities working with a vibrant team composed of an expatriate MEAL Manager, accountability teams, information management officer, and M&E teams at the base level. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders and participate in the decision-making. You will receive technical assistance from HQ Advisor if needed and lead the MEAL department at the mission level, including capacity-building of program teams and managing a dedicated MEAL budget »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, please follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.