Job Title: Senior specialists/objective lead (multiple positions) | Kathmandu, Nepal | 2021
Chemonics seeks senior specialists/objective leads for the USAID’s Agricultural Inputs Market Systems Activity. The Activity aims to stabilize agricultural input market systems, support the Government of Nepal to prevent the backsliding of competitive input systems, and ensure increased and sustained availability and access to critical inputs during and after the COVID-19 pandemic, and in the face of future shocks. Project interventions will specifically focus on increasing the availability and accessibility of four critical areas including improved seed, fertilizer, irrigation, and agricultural equipment. The Activity will reduce the specific barriers faced by women, youth, and marginalized farmers to accessing, utilizing, and benefiting from quality inputs and improve their participation in the Agriculture Market System. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Advanced degree in a relevant area
- At least 7 years of technical experience in one or more of technical areas:
- Agricultural policy and enabling environments
- Agricultural technology
- Private sector engagement
- Agriculture finance
- Demand- and supply-responsive seed systems
- Soil fertility management
- Fertilizer distribution systems
- Irrigation systems and lower water use-efficiency systems
- Climate resilient agriculture
- Modern agricultural equipment
- Experience working with international donor-funded projects. Recent experience working on USAID-funded agricultural development, nutrition, and/or food security programs preferred
- Experience working in the Nepal Feed the Future Zone of Influence preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English required, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken Nepali
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to NepalAgInputRecruit@chemonics.com by December 15th. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.