Job Title: REGIONAL STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS ADVISOR – LATIN AMERICA
Duration : 12
Start date : 02-Jan-2022
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
The Regional Strategic Partnerships Advisor (Regional Advisor) works closely with Action Against Hunger Spain (AAH) headquarters and mission teams to raise the profile, and financing, of AAH in Latin America with USAID in general, and the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance), in specific (HQ, regional, and country-level missions).
The Regional Advisor will help to define, and lead the implementation of regional and country-specific Strategic Positioning and Fundraising Plans (Plans), which aim to achieve sustainable financial growth for AAH in the region through multi-year, multi-sectoral programs that meet the priority needs of communities, promote localization, women’s empowerment, and address the key drivers of acute and chronic hunger and international migration, to achieve a healthier, safer and more stable future for all.
The Regional Advisor will play a key role in expanding AAH’s professional networks and fostering AAH’s positive relationships in the region with USAID, BHA, its partners, and other key stakeholders – including potential AAH collaborators. In addition, the Regional Advisor will play a key role in proposal development and partnership building. The Regional Advisor will identify internal and external opportunities and challenges, as well as represent AAH in high-level discussions with USAID and BHA missions, and other identified partners and/or allies.
S/he will be responsible for helping teams to identify, analyze, consolidate and disseminating good practices and evidence coming out of AAH’s USAID-funded activities across the region, in order to improve and strengthen the quality and impact of AAH’s programming, as well as a means of building trust and confidence between USAID and BHA as donors, and AAH as a reliable and high quality implementor.
To achieve these responsibilities, the Regional Advisor will coordinate directly with all levels of AAH: missions (especially country directors, deputy country directors and chiefs of party), region (with the Head of Institutional Relations at the humanitarian hub in Panama), headquarters (MP1 team) and the Action Against Hunger international network (iDRU and DevCom Unit, among others).
Key activities in your role will include
- Contribute to the sustainability of AAH operations in the region by contributing to USAID fundraising efforts in the HA, nexus, and development fields.
- Actively contribute to the program/activity conceptualization, design, and strategic partnering processes; support AAH missions with donor negotiations, revisions to applications, and advocacy; provide ad hoc support and guidance to AAH missions, as requested, during project management cycles.
- Actively participate in the definition/elaboration of key AAH programmes and projects, coordinating with AAH mission and HQ team members, partners and the donor.
- Consolidate AAH’s relationship with USAID and regional BHA missions, contributing to cross-cutting quality management across all AAH missions (creation of a community of good practice).
- Consolidate and disseminate good practices, effective tools, working processes across AAH USAID-funded projects, in particular; disseminate project results to donors, key stakeholders, and international forums, as appropriate and feasible; build team capacities as appropriate (project design, donor relationships, etc.); identify topics of interest to be developed and investigated (e.g. study, surveys, analysis).
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- University degree, preferably in areas related to international cooperation and development
- At least five years of experience leading the successful design and management of USAID activities, in general, and in BHA (or OFDA and FFP) activities in specific.
- Strong insight, professional networks, and experience operating in the humanitarian, nexus and international development sectors, preferably in the Latin America region.
- Proven experience in: institutional relationship building and representation with USAID; leadership of high-capacity multidisciplinary teams; identification, negotiation and management of development and HA programmes.
- Professional level (oral and written) fluency in English is required
Our remuneration package:
Incorporation into a multicultural, professional and innovative organization with the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Contract length: 12 months
- Base: Bogotá, Guatemala City or Tegucigalpa
- Family duty station YES
- Compensation Package: according to Action against Hunger compensation policy
- Benefits package directly by the organization that includes
- Insurance for the expatriate (health, life, repatriation, travel etc.)
- Health insurance for dependants in accompanied positions
- Travel for breaks
- Per Diem de 215 euros for each break (paid at mission level in local currency)
- Return ticket to the mission
- Adapted professional career where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and competencies.
- 25 days paid leave per year
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply:
Candidates can send their CV, motivation letter and Self assessment questionaries through the following link: https://hris.acf-e.org/employ/index.php/positions/view/5630/REGIONAL-STRATEGIC-PARTNERSHIPS-ADVISOR-LATIN-AMERICA/