Job Title: Nurse
General Purpose of the Position
This role provides medical care, treatment and follows-up on patients according to set protocols and universal hygiene standards/precautions. Role-holder provides supportive supervision to volunteers, MoH staff, and ensures guidelines set in the health protocols are followed during the provision of medical care.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Promotes and implement the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control,
security rules and other procedures in the medical premises and ensures safe working environment in the targeted HF and in the mobile clinic. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality always.
· Organizes out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, performing consultations and other minor medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
· Supervises administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and reports problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
· Oversees screening, treatment and follow up of malnourished patients in the field sites when required.
· Leads the outreach & hygiene promotion team and guide community health volunteers on effective project implementation.
· Participates in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health program activities. Provides inputs and data for monthly health activities’ reports.
· Participates and updates progress in weekly technical meeting with health staff
· Ensures accurate record keeping, ordering and accountability of health equipment, supplies and drugs.
· Ensures the quality of the health service given in all different locations meet the expected standards.
· Conducts trainings to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large
· Performs other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
· Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution (diploma in Nutrition will be and additional advantage)
· At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment/Humanitarian context
· Possession of a valid practicing certificate
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
· Service Orientation.
· Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
· Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
· Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
· Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied
for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 7th December 2021 at 4:00 PM.**
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.