Job Title: Head of Operations-Mozambique
CRS reestablished programming in Mozambique in 2017 and has been implementing both development and emergency programs, strengthening livelihoods, and supporting disaster and conflict-affected communities from response through recovery. A significant part of the CRS Mozambique portfolio is to respond to the conflict in Cabo Delgado province, in northern Mozambique. With funding from USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Latter Day Saints Charities, the country program is partnering with Caritas Pemba to support conflict-affected families and IDPs in Cabo Delgado through the provision of emergency and transitional shelters, shelter repair kits, emergency latrine structures, borehole construction/rehabilitation, and WASH NFI kit distributions, emergency food rations and agriculture inputs.
As a member of the Country Program’s (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide leadership and management of the operational functions – Finance, Human Resources (HR), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Administration, Information and Communication Technology, Security and Audit – in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, ensure principled compliance, proactively manage risk, and lead operational improvements. As part of the Senior Management Team proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Team leadership abilities
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required Languages – Portuguese or Spanish Required, (Portuguese Preferred)
Travel – 25-40% of the time
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Human Resources Manager, Finance Manager, Compliance Manager, Supply Chain Manager, and IT Officer.
Internal: Country Manager, Head of Programs, Program Managers, Projects Directors
External: Banks, CRS Partner Organizations, USAID and BHA
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities. Experience with an international NGO and experience outside country of origin preferred.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education; additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience. Knowledge of Oracle accounting software or similar financial reporting software highly preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, highly preferred.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of procurement and general office administration/management issues.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.**
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.