Job Title: Education Technical Advisor
Save the Children is a dual mandate organization which seeks to make breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and make immediate and lasting change for children in all contexts.
The Education Technical Advisor will support all education program teams and ensure that all Education / Emergency Education programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes significantly to Save the Children’s strategic objectives, national/global learning and advocacy. S/he will provide strategic and technical leadership and assume the overall responsibility for the growth, development and quality of the education portfolio. S/He must bring a senior leadership profile with a proven track record in education and a sound technical background in programme design and delivery. S/he should also have experience of managing complex programming delivery in conflict and fragile contexts.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Education professional with a Masters Degree in education or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Significant (at least 7 years) professional experience of working at a senior advisory level in education for international NGOs in complex settings such as Yemen.
* Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
* Substantial progressive, professional-level experience at the management level with background in early childhood education and primary education
* An ability to effectively negotiate with prospective donors and a demonstrated ability to develop and write detailed technical project proposals meeting donor requirements, including budgets for the same. Strong report writing skills,
* Ability to perform at a senior policy level must be demonstrable, and good communication, advocacy and leadership skills are critical.
* The ability to liaise and effectively coordinate with government, local NGOs and community initiatives. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
* Proven experience of living and working in insecure environments, able to follow security guidelines
* High level of computer literacy
* Fluency in English and preferbally Arabic
* Previous experience in Yemen is preffered
* Experience in promoting and mainstreaming Child Rights Based programming in education programme design, implementation and evaluation.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS43NDgzMy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20