Job Title: Director, Sponsorship Marketing
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Director for Sponsorship Marketing, you will head up the strategic direction of World Vision’s sponsorship marketing and customer experience to sponsorship target audiences globally and will be responsible for growing sponsor acquisitions in order to return sponsorship fundraising income to growth (currently at $1bn annually).
In close collaboration with global stakeholders and 30 local fundraising offices, you will provide global leadership and coordination to sponsorship audience targeting, lead nurture and channel strategies, as well as testing and scaling of the repositioned sponsorship marketing offer variations and the proven, acquisition-driving best practices in order to reach, cultivate and convert an increasing number of high-quality sponsorship acquisitions.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong consumer marketing and fundraising background, sound proof of successful acquisition of new customers at scale and a deep knowledge base of how World Vision sponsorship program works, to ensure the balancing of audience needs and expectations with our field work goals and realities.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, Fundraising or closely related field.
- 10-15 years in marketing, fundraising or related role, including 5 years at a senior management level with demonstrable success in achieving growth.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a sponsor acquisition related function within one of the largest World Vision Support offices or experience leading a marketing function focused on new customer acquisition within a global, federated organisation.
- Proven success in leading consumer marketing or fundraising campaigns and activities across multiple mass and in-person channels.
- Proven ability to lead consultants, agencies and external vendors to meet an overarching common goal.
Fluent and effective in written and verbal communication in English.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
How to apply:
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 12 DEC 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
For more information, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.