Job Title: Contracts Manager
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Contracts Manager to provide contract administration, procurement, and pricing support to a portfolio of client contracts and proposals.
This full-time position based out of the EnCompass Rockville, MD office, will report to the Director of Contracts.
Due to COVID-19, and subject to situational changes, the position is expected to be fully remote through January 3rd, 2022. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship. As a covered Federal contractor, EnCompass must comply with the President’s Executive Order 14042 and the follow-on guidance issued by Safer Federal Workforce Task Force on COVID-19 Workplace Safety. Therefore, all US-based EnCompass employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, to include staff working from home.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and manage all contract administration functions for contracts/agreements as assigned or delegated
- Prepare various contract specific approvals/deviations/waivers
- Correspond as necessary with EnCompass clients on assigned contracts
- Research and document client related contractual, regulatory clauses/provisions including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), standardized regulations, standard provisions, 2 CFR 200 requirements, and other types of donor research as applicable, and prepare written responses to queries
- Provide support to Incurred Cost Submission schedules; provide support for Audit requests
- As needed, formally and informally educate project staff on contractual compliance issues and operational topics
- Negotiate compensation rates for consultants proposed to work on projects
- Negotiate subcontracts, purchase orders, and modifications using and adapting corporate templates to comply with client requirements
- Monitor regulatory mandated reports and disclosures from subcontractors
- Interpret award terms and conditions and advise project teams on regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the distribution of contract-related information and the maintenance of contract files for assigned projects
- Keeps abreast of, interprets, and provides guidance to staff on donor regulations and policies
- Maintain electronic copies of contract files, administrative actions and contract-related correspondence in accordance with client standards for assigned portfolio
- Work with contracts team members to maintain the contract database and contract data in the Accounting system, Unanet, including the tracking of contract period of performance, deliverables, and financial report due dates
Cost Proposal functions include:
- Identify any contractual or regulatory issues in RFPs that may impact the opportunity; review technical and cost proposals for contractual, budgetary, organizational and regulatory compliance
- Serve as point of contact to subcontractors, issue data calls to proposal partners, and review and negotiate subcontractor price proposals and cost proposal documentation
- Support pricing efforts for orders under client contract mechanisms; provides overall support to cost proposal development
- Assist in the development of cost-related responses to post-submission donor questions and requests for revision
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience, or Master’s degree and 5+ years’ experience, or Associate’s degree and 9+ years’ experience. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Grants and Contracts Management, and/or Auditing sought but not required.
Experience and Skills
- Strong familiarity and experience with USAID regulations and applying the FAR, AIDAR, and other regulations to project work, including knowledge of / experience supporting Grants under Contract.
- Experience in implementing or providing support to programs funded by USAID, other USG agencies and UN agencies
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with strong verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with only general supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of non-financial stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and deep familiarity with MS Office
- Ability to work in an appreciate and strengths-based environment and coach others in using appreciative approaches
How to apply:
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application at https://app.ismartrecruit.com/jobDescription?x=E7pZW5jb21wYXNzd29ybGQuY29tXzM5N19QUk9NT1RFVVJMX2VuQ9e.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.