Job Title: Content Creation Consultant (Myanmar language)
WWF-Myanmar is looking for a consultant to join the Communications and Advocacy team and create new content each month. The content created would be used to ensure that key audiences continue to support WWF-Myanmar.
The successful candidate will be creative, a self-starter, passionate about conservation, and have experience in content generation across various mediums – from conception to final product delivery – for a Myanmar audience. Work location will be home-based and duration is 7 months: December 2021-June 2022 (part-time; 20-40 hours per month).
Background of assignment
Creating engaging, informative and clear content as part of communications and advocacy strategies is a crucial component in achieving WWF’s mission of sustaining the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. As an independent conservation organization active in nearly 100 countries, content generated by WWF needs to be tailored to unique local and national contexts while supporting broader global goals and of a consistent high standard.
Statement of Work (Tasks and responsibilities)
Supported by the Senior Communications Manager, the consultant will collect and organise information (‘the content’), then present it in a media medium that targets a specific audience. The content could be used to generate, for example, a first-person story, a short video, an infographic, a podcast or a social media post, and be targeting donors, internal WWF network staff, Facebook followers, or the general public as the audience.
The focus and format of the content creation would be determined through discussion with the Senior Communications Manager and other WWF staff or consultants. In order to create the content each month, the consultant would gather the materials required through proactive liaison with WWF staff and deliver a final product to meet agreed deadlines.
The consultant would also need to coordinate with others to ensure that any Myanmar language content developed is also translated into English, as required.
● 20-40 hours of work related to content creation each month. This could also include attending WWF-Myanmar’s Communications and Advocacy team meetings as required.
Expected Profile / Qualification and Expertise
● At least 5 years’ experience of content creation in/for Myanmar is essential.
● Proficiency in Myanmar language (Burmese) is essential.
● Proficiency in a second language from Myanmar is an advantage.
● Graphic design, videography, blogging, photography and/or related skills are an advantage.
● Already possessing software required for content creation is an advantage.
How to apply:
This application is open to individuals.
Applicants should provide the following:
● Letter of application (to clearly state how the applicant fulfils the criteria listed above in the ‘Expected Profile/Qualification and Expertise’ section, to include references and expected remuneration expressed as an hourly rate. Note: Withholding Tax of 2.5% for foreigners or 2% for Myanmar nationals must be paid to local authorities in Myanmar. This can be paid directly by the consultant if registered in Myanmar, or will be deducted from payment and paid by WWF-Myanmar to the tax department. Please consider this when submitting hourly rate information.)
● Examples of relevant previous work
Terms and conditions of payment
Monthly payment on submission of invoice and timesheet.
Deadline for applications: 15 December 2021