Job Title: Chief of Party (COP)
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a US-registered, veteran-owned small business and staff support offices in Nairobi, Bangkok and Mauritius. SoCha currently supports multiple foreign assistance interventions across Asia and Africa.
SoCha, LLC is contracted to provide technical and advisory services to the United States Agency for International Development in the Democratic Republic of Congo (USAID/DRC) on the 5-year Mission Strategic Support Program (MSSP). The purpose of MSSP is to provide these services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios assisting the mission with strategy and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s implementing partners. The activity will also implement a capacity-building agenda for the Mission and Implementing Partners, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the Mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to mission staff.
Scope of Work
The Chief of Party is responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the activity. S/he will serve as principle institutional liaison with USAID and key stakeholders. S/he will manage staff and ensure MSSP meets stated goals and reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under MSSP.
The Chief of Party will run the project. He or she will work with USAID/DRC to:
- Lead client relations with USAID/DRC’s program office, technical offices, and front office.
- Set the strategic and tactical direction of the MEL project.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of technical MEL work under the contract.
- Oversee the project’s financial and administrative operations.
- Assure the quality of the services provided under the contract.
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the contract, including the timely submission of quality deliverables including work plans, the MEL plan, evaluations and assessments, and financial reports.
- Meet with the USAID Contract Officer’s Representative to collaboratively coordinate priorities and work.
- Coordinate with SoCha’s home office as required.
- Champion process improvement, change, and capacity enhancements in MEL.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in subject matter relating to International Development or a Bachelors’ degree in combination with 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of a Master’s or Ph.D.
- Proficiency in French and English, including excellent writing and communication skills in English and French.
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrable experience with a minimum of 5 years in MEL and/or CLA.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Proven experience managing multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to newly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with adaptive management.
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, with some travel within the country. International and local applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge your CV via on our website at the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/chief-of-party-cop-democratic-republic-of-congo-011221/ . Applications close 12 December 2021 but a suitable candidate may be selected before that date.