Job Title: Cash & Voucher Assistance Team Leader – AZAZ / North Aleppo -Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
Under the direct supervision of the Cash & Voucher Assistance DPM, the Cash & Voucher Assistance Team Leader will primarily be responsible for the preparation and implementation of regular distributions of Cash and voucher assistance in target communities. The Team Leader will take a leadership role in a particular geographic area, and, under the supervision of the Cash & Voucher Assistance DPM, will be the first point of contact for local councils and other NGOs working in that area.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Based on approved monthly and weekly plans, make all necessary arrangements for assigned Cash and voucher distributions, and payments, etc.
- Assist with the collection of vouchers and documents from the shopkeepers.
- Coordination with logistics, voucher custodian, community representatives.
- Ensure that the team follows all necessary safety protocols, including communication, road safety, and emergency supplies.
- Ensure for all stages of working and monitoring documents are filled in and signed by beneficiaries and shopkeepers.
Ensure all assigned activities are delivered efficiently such as shopkeepers and beneficiaries’ orientation, collecting invoices and preparing payments, market control …etc.
Lead and help to conduct registration processes.
Relationships and Coordination
Share any concerns or recommendations related to vendors or markets that could affect the voucher redemption, markets functionality or prices.
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with other NGOs, local councils, and other community groups in the relevant areas.
Supervision and management
- Provide high-quality support and supervision to Team Members.
- Ensure all direct reports have a working understanding of the project, its goals, and objectives.
- Ensure all direct reports understand and have access to their job descriptions.
- Ensure all direct reports receive regular coaching, support, and capacity building opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in (social science, economics, information management) or any relevant field.
- At least 2 years of work experience participating in Cash /Voucher or market-based programming including managing a team.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relationships with team members and local communities
- Knowledge of office equipment, email and computer applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstances.
- Strong ability to effectively take and give direction
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 15 December 2021.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform email@example.com with the details immediately.
“يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عن طريق ارسال رساله الكترونيه الى firstname.lastname@example.org و الافصاح عن جميع بالتفاصيل على الفور.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.