Job Title: Syria Security Team Lead
World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Syria Security Team Lead
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
Purpose of the position:
Support the WV Syria Response (WVSR) Security Director in ensuring effective Security Risk Management (SRM) for Syria, in accordance with WVI Security Policies and Corse Security Requirements (CSR). Maintain constant situational awareness, including context and WV personnel, assets, and operations. Provide technical expertise, advice and hands-on support. Lead in the optimization of organizational security and strengthening security culture. Effectively coordinate with all the respective Implementing Partners. Ensure proper SRM planning, communication, implementation, and documentation.
WVSR Security Team Lead will contribute through the following:
Monitoring and Advice
• Maintain situational awareness, including: security context, incidents, trends, and WV and Partner activities.
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate Safety and Security information to relevant Staff.
• Provide on-request and proactive information and support to the wider WVSR Team, including: incident alerts, advisories, briefs or bespoke research/advice.
• Maintain formal context monitoring tools for each operational zone, such as: Context Risk Rating (CRR), Security Risk Assessment (SRA), civil-military analysis tool.
• Guide and assure CSR implementation in Syria.
• Develop and implement area-specific Security Work Plans, based on: Policy Requirements, CSR, SRAs, Security Plans, and action points/requests.
• Ensure Security Implementation Plan (SIP) is included in SRA for each operational DSZ, and implemented.
• Ensure tracking of WV Staff, Assets, and Project locations/activities.
• Incident support and Incident Management Team member.
• Conduct investigations as required or as assigned.
• Ensure proper Safety and Security Training for WV in Syria, based on Syria Security Training Plan, WVSR Security Training Plan, and WVI Training Standards.
• Develop/translate Training material (e.g. Guards Training or specific topics such as handling Persons under Influence), as required.
• Provide technical support and capacity building to Field Security Officers and Security Focal Points.
• Assist in conducting Security Trainings in Amman or in the Region, as required.
• Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
• Ensure proper Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) for each Partner (current, preapproved, or under assessment), as well as reasonable Capacity Building support.
• Provide line management to Community Liaison Officers in NWS and/or any additional assigned Staff.
• Provide clear alignment, guidance and support to direct reports.
• Support professional development and well-being of the reporting Staff.
• Cover for WVSR Security Director in their absence.
Networking and Liaison
• Represent WV at external professional meetings and forums.
• Build networks to Humanitarian Access, Safety, and Security.
• Maintain coordination and working relations with each current Partner in Syria.
Reporting and Documentation
• Security Incident Reports submitted and managed on Integrated Incident Management (IIM) system.
• Manage/support Security Incidents as required.
• Serve as a focal point for Partner Incident Reporting and follow-up.
• Provide Security inputs for Syria to periodic reports (e.g. Monthly Management Report, WVSR Updates) as well as special reports (Program reports, Operations, etc.).
• All SRM reference documents are filed in Security Desk File (Box platform).
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
· Minimum 3 years Working experience in Humanitarian Security Management (with NGOs or UN) – required.
· 10 years working experience in related field (conflict analysis, humanitarian Programs/Operations, Police/Law Enforcement) – required.
· Experience managing direct reports and/or Projects – strongly preferred.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Working knowledge of Security Risk Management, including in Humanitarian sector – required.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field – required.
· Safety and Security Trainings/Certifications – strongly preferred.
· No previous criminal record or convictions – required.
· Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings
· Work under pressure
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Master’s Degree or Technical diploma in related field.
· Experience in operating in high security risk environment/ armed conflict situations.
· In depth contextual knowledge of the Syrian conflict and Syria’s socio-political dynamics.
· Demonstrated experience in delivering security training.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
· Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security.
· Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
· Team management skills.
· Presentation Skills.
· Strong inter-personal skills.
· Advanced writing skills.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Office work, with availability off-hours required. Some travel, including to Medium and High risk areas.
English and Arabic; fluent in one of these languages, proficient in another.