Job Title: Shelter Programme Coordinator
Key Responsibilities: The Shelter Programme Coordinator will be responsible for leading the implementation of DCA Shelter Activities (school rehab, private shelter rehab, shelter kit designs and distributions) activities in North East Syria situated in Raqqa in close collaboration with the Head of Programme and Emergency Response Programme Coordinator.
Strategy & Proposal Development
- Provide technical contributions to proposals and strategic planning for all Shelter and infrastructure activities
- Lead the development of activity SOPs, monitoring tools, and data collection forms / plans.
Represent DCA within the Shelter and NFI working group, leading coordination efforts with other humanitarian actors in Shelter related activities, including contributions to 4ws and needs mapping.**Project Management:** The Shelter Coordinator will be responsible for the management of all Shelter activities and will be expected to work alongside support staff to:
- Administer, develop and implement work plans and oversee the provision of deliverables to donors and DCA HQ in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide of technical oversight to the design, implementation and monitoring of shelter activities;
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place to support all aspects of project implementation including financial and grant management, project monitoring and evaluation in compliance with donor regulations.
- Track and follow up with activity processes and ensure the timely achievement of project outputs.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted across the programme activities and ensuring baseline/milestone/impact data is collected and analyzed for donor and internal reports.**Staff Management:** The Shelter Coordinator will be based in NES will directly line manage Shelter field teams across two offices. This management will include the following responsibilities:
Supervise Shelter teams (2) and contractors through activity monitoring, conducting regular performance evaluations, building staff capacity, and providing management support to staff as needed.
Ensure staff are aware of, understand, and adhere to DCA policies and procedures and code of conduct as well as Core Humanitarian Standard commitments.
Promote accountability, communicating expectations and providing constructive feedback.
Lead timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as needed.
Ensure all administrative procedures are followed, ensure logistics/administrative staff provides sufficient and timely support to programs and programmatic staff, and that data collection processes are standardized and applied by all field staff.**Qualifications and Experience:**
At least 3 years of experience in implementing Shelter activities in an emergency or post-emergency context;
Experience in team management is essential, with experience in remote management of added value;
Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems;
Education: MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience) in Engineering or similar technical field;
Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
A high level of written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- A competitive remuneration package;
- 30 leave days, per annum + 24 additional RNR days with flight allowance;
- Comfortable living space with gym;
This position is subject to availability of funding
How to apply:
Deadline for submission is no later than Monday the 13th December. Please submit your application through DCA online system at International vacancies (danchurchaid.org). Your application must consist of a motivation letter and CV
All interested DCA staff irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.