Job Title: PSYCHOLOGIST
Overview about Bonyan Organization
Independent non-profit organization care about the Syrian affairs, established in 2004
where it started its activities in the city of Aleppo north of Syria and was licensed in turkey in 2014
Bonyan’s refugee response program is structured around three axes: education, protection, and livelihoods.
People’s development makes them prepared and responsible aiming to the rise of the Syrian society and the creation of its civilization.
We work to improve the Quality of Education and strengthen the values to contribute to the rise of Syrian society.
Proficiency – Initiative – Welfare – Abundance
Job Description Details:
You will report to the Project Coordinator and provide technical supervision for the PSS team based in both Karşıyaka & Nizip CPCs, in collaboration with Team Leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supporting PSS Facilitators for the overall quality of the service provider as well as daily support regarding PSS facilitation.
· Performing basic psycho-social support (PSS) consultations to beneficiaries to address underlying distress.
· Evaluating and supporting PSS activity beneficiaries, assessing the children for any need of specialized services and refer if needed.
· Assisting in the pre and post-evaluation tests of the psychosocial intervention.
· Submit monthly reports to Supervisor and report any problems in a timely manner.
· Performing internal & external reporting tasks in coordination with the Project Coordinator &Team Leader.
· Planning, coordinating, and developing components of the programs.
· Communicating and coordinating programs with the Project Coordinator and Team leaders (if needed).
· Acting as a focal point for referrals to and from the center.
· Attending various meetings, workshops, and conferences and following up on all educational meetings to maintain professional development growth.
· Coordinate and schedule center volunteers and conduct basic and introductory training.
· seeking community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the center.
· Ensuring that center provides and consistently maintains a safe environment for project participants and beneficiaries. Maintaining good relations with beneficiaries, the parents, staff, and volunteers.
· Contribute and suggest all protection and education project proposals relevant to the center’s function.
· Support the organization of community-based activities that promote shared resilience, self-help, and peer support, including capacity-building workshops and support groups. Seek community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the center.
· Play a key role in collaboration and coordination with the Project Outreach Assistant in the process of identification and linking OOSC to formal education.
· Perform any other tasks under the guidance of the direct supervisor
Bachelor’s degree, preferable in psychology, or in the related subject area
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
· At least2 years of experience in protection or education or relevant field, preferably with NGOs.
· Turkish fluent and advanced proficiency in Arabic required
· Be well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable
· Excellent communication, reporting, and interpersonal skills
· Strong critical, analytical, and solution-oriented thinking skills
· Have a passion for or strong interest in the humanitarian field and human rights particularly related to refugees’ and children’s rights
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
· Commitment to equal opportunity and gender practice
· Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, internet applications) are essential.
· Intermediate or advanced level of English
· Strong understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and I/NGO field.
· Ability to work independently and to prioritize deliverables, often with little oversight, in a fast-paced and complex environment.
· Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team and culturally sensitive
· Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines
· Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humor, and patience
Note: Due to the urgency to fill this post, Bonyan reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis, and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to follow this link to apply
and attach the CV (CV should be named by the full name of the applicant and make sure it has been uploaded before submission).
Bunyan is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the personal Email which has been mentioned in the job application form.