Job Title: Inclusion Technical Advisor (Maternity Coverage) /Amman (Nationals Only)
Position: Inclusion Technical Advisor (Maternity Coverage)
Duty station/ Hub/ Field : Amman/North West Syria Hub
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and persons with disability to apply.
PRESENTATION OF Humanity and Inclusion
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: http://www.hi.org/
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 4 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Five years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of rehabilitative care and psychosocial support. In hard-to-reach areas and/or areas of new displacement, local populations and IDPs are in need of emergency assistance in terms of food, household essential items, and other basic needs. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
HI is managing a remote humanitarian program from three hubs in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey, along four main pillars:
Support to health partners (hospitals, care houses, rehabilitation centers, local NGOs) for the provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) through training, technical supervisions and donations of rehabilitation material and/or equipment;
Provision of basic needs kits – Food baskets, Household Essential Items and Hygiene kits – in one-shot distributions to people who experience a sudden degradation of their living conditions due to renewed conflict, displacement and/or exclusion from humanitarian assistance;
Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, Explosive Remnants of War and Small Arms Light Weapons) and urgent marking of hazardous areas;
Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response.
The current intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams and remote partnerships with local structures and organisations. HI has implemented some direct management programs in the past and is looking for ways to launch more in the coming months.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Under the responsibility of the Inclusion Project Manager, the Inclusion Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing the technical support for the field staff and building their capacities
HIERARCHICAL & FUNCTIONAL LINKS:
ü Line manager: Inclusion Project Manager
ü Line manager+1: Hub Manager
ü Functional Manager: Inclusive Livelihood Technical Specialist
ü Team Managed: Technically managing 12 Inclusion Assistants
ü Coordination with Inclusion Project Officers
1. Ensuring the technical quality of the inclusion project – 70% of the working time
- Training the team on the inclusion assessment toolkit / process and lead the implementation of the barrier/ facilitator assessment at the program level.
- Developing action plans for each beneficiary supported based on the findings of the inclusion assessments
- Regular meetings with the field staff for technical discussions and follow ups
- Developing technical trainings and technical support activities/ tools based on findings from inclusion assessments
- Building capacity of the inclusion team in the hub on technical tools, materials, etc. and provide ongoing support of team by addressing questions/training needs of teams and partners and through regular skypes/meetings.
- Providing technical trainings for the partners’ staff based on their staff.
- Participating in the meetings with partners, providing the technical inputs
- Coordinating regularly within hub to identify training needs (HI staff and partners), problem-solving recurrent issues and keep information flowing, and update Managers accordingly
- Coordinating regularly with Inclusion Technical specialist and Accessibility Technical Advisor to review assessment results and recommendations, and to ensure technical quality.
- Participating in project launch plan, midterm and final evaluations on the technical component
2. Reporting and Representation – 20 % of the working time
- Contributing to the monthly “Situation Report” and to any documentation where technical inputs / feedbacks is required;
- Representing HI in coordination mechanisms and meetings with SRC members
- Presenting a report after finalizing HI support for each livelihood project.
3. Human Resources Management – 5% of the working time
- Participating in HI and partners inclusion staff recruitment, in coordination with Inclusion Project Manager as per HR procedures
- Preparing induction process for new staff, participating on identifying the trainings that can be offered in the frame of the capacity building plan and ensuring appropriate training/support is provided;
- Participating to staff appraisals.
4. Capitalization – 5% of the working time
- Archiving and sharing all necessary tools and documents adapted to North Hub;
- Ensuring regular collection of stories/data on lessons learned on Inclusion project and sharing with Inclusion Project Manager
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Education and experience:
Education Certificate in physiotherapy or Occupational therapy ( preferable )
3 years working experience in the same field **
1 year of experience working with a NGO
Remote management experience is an asset
Professional & Personal skills:
- Good computer skills (word, Excel and power point)
Very good analytical skills / High understanding of project cycle management
Ability to work within a team and collaborate
Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives
Excellent Time management skills
Willing to learn and develop professionally
Open and interested in disability issues
Adheres to the project’s vision: a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied.
- Arabic and English mandatory (oral and written)
Remuneration: according to HI salary grid
Expected Starting date: Mid of December, 2021
Duration/ Type of contract: 4 months (non-renewable)
Benefits: Transportation and Health Insurance
Mobility: Amman with possible travels in the region
As the position is involved in sensitive topics, the candidate must observe absolute discretion within and outside the organization. A non-respect of this clause might have immediate dismissal as a result.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications will be treated confidentially.