Job Title: Food Assistance Technical Advisor, Emergency Response
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make a difference. If you are searching for more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
The Food Assistance Technical Advisor (TA) is responsible for overall coordination and management for food assistance projects for Samaritan’s Purse in one of two program areas in South Sudan. This role provides technical support and guidance to ensure orderly and effective food distribution to beneficiaries and timely/accurate data collection, recording, and financial management to ensure field teams receive the required logistical support. There are many people struggling to feed themselves and their families and this position has a huge role to play in our efforts to reach people in great need.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be a strong witness of Jesus to coworkers, beneficiaries, and others.
- Manage the program budget and day-to-day program implementation. This includes storage, transport, and distribution to make sure we deliver on time and within financial guidelines.
- Liaise with the donor, in conjunction with the Grants Manager and Deputy Emergency Response Manager, to develop program plans and resolve ongoing issues. In turn this means keeping the program up to date on the food security and nutrition situation in the area.
- Coordinate and manages the registration of beneficiaries and make sure all reporting is accurate and on time.
- Monitor the delivery of project activities and conduct post-distribution monitoring by obtaining stakeholder and beneficiary feedback.
- Develop and implement a detailed procurement plan for all required food assistance materials well in advance with Nutrition/Food Security/Livelihood Technical Advisors and Emergency Response Operations Manager to ensure timelines are well understood.
- Develop the capacity of national staff serving on the food assistance team in the program areas and create a transition plan to hand over responsibilities to a national designate within two years.
- Live and work with intentionality.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, food security, social work, business administration, economics, international relations or another relevant field is strongly preferred. At least three (3) years of work experience in managing WFP food distributions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong ability to write, develop, and manage WFP grants and budgets
- Able to communicate diplomatically with other NGO, governmental, and community partners
- Flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment
- Culturally sensitive and respectful of church leaders from all denominations
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
Job Location: Unity State, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: English fluency required
Travel Expectations: Domestic travel around 30 days/year
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How to apply:
Visit our career site to apply for this role