Job Title: Project Officer
IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 12/12/2021
Position: Project Officer.
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established in early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s offices are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: Project Officer.
Project / Department Title: FSL/Programs
Direct supervisor / Reports to: Project Manager
Overall objective of the job:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Cash Voucher Assistance CVA Project Officer will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementation, tracking, and reporting on regular activities for food voucher programme. The CVA Project Officer will work closely with supporting departments and partners, and donors to ensure that the necessary support for activities is in place.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Program Planning and Implementation
Developing weekly and monthly activities plans, and in coordination with other members of the CVA team and other departments.
Managing the implementation of project activities according to relevant plans.
Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
Support coordination with MEAL staff to plan, implement, analyze, and review the results of PDMs and other relevant monitoring data on a monthly basis.
Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
Participate in the design of initiatives to monitor or strengthen program quality, including assessments, registration, and beneficiary tracking.
Support in the cashflow projections.
Update and monitoring CVA distribution trackers.
Facilitate regular team meetings to review data and carry out analysis, sharing the results with the CVA team.
- Documentation and Reporting
Manage the field team in ensuring a secure and organized filing system and archive for beneficiary registration, distribution records, and other required documentation. Where necessary, cross check paper-based information with electronic ledgers and reports to ensure accurate reporting.
Conduct basic analysis of the distribution database to support reporting to the donor or cluster. Supporting programming staff in submitting reports to donor or cluster system including 4Ws.
Maintain files and archives of CVA program support documentation.
Support basic analysis of program support documentation.
- Administrative Support
Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement & supply chain logistics.
Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff, and other meetings.
Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings, and workshops for project staff.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in any social science discipline.
2-years’ experience in a comparable position or internship, preferably with experience in Syrian context.
B2 level of English skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and competency of translation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
Capacity to work closely with partners and donors.
Excellent organization skills and self-directed.
Eager to learn IYD processes and procedures.
Demonstrated qualities of oral and written communication skills, culturally sensitive, and the ability to work with people of all faiths, good judgment, a team player, and commitment to IYD’s mission.
Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity.
Experience in data analysis and management skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI).
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
Experience in Cash or Market based programming.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
*We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.*
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date