Job Title: Request for Consultant Services Proposal (RFP)_Writer/Editor – Asia-Pacific Regional Office
FHI 360 is a nonprofit international development organization dedicated to improving lives in integrated and locally driven solutions. FHI 360 works in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing etc. Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories. FHI 360’s work is grounded in research and by advancing science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Scope of Work
The writer/editor will support APRO in preparing drafts of written materials, such as programmatic reports, success stories in various formats, press releases, and contribute to proposal writing as necessary. In addition, the Writer/Editor will be responsible for ensuring programmatic reports and other deliverables are free of grammar, punctuation, formatting and spelling errors and conform to FHI 360’s writing style guidance. He/she will also ensure consistency, accuracy and clarity of written products in compliance with USAID and/or other donor requirements. As required, the Writer/Editor will create tables of contents and acronym pages as well as format text in Microsoft Word for final publication.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of USAID and other international development donor terminology and language pertaining to public health, nutrition, education, gender, and economic and social development programs.
Period of performance is expected to be 12 months, with an option to extend one or two additional years depending on performance.
The expected level of effort for this engagement will vary based on ongoing needs. Consultant(s) time requirements may require 80% to 100% level of effort in a given week.
Location of Work
Working remotely or Bangkok, Thailand
Timetable and Address for Submission
There is no due date for proposals. FHI 360 will consider applications on a rolling basis and may close this solicitation at any time once the consultant positions are filled. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to HR.Thailand@fhi360.org
Desired Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional writing, copyediting or editorial experience. Candidates with experience writing and editing for the environment and climate change, tuberculosis, and/or private sector health fields encouraged to apply.
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and easily understandable language, varying writing style to meet the needs of a given audience.
- English fluency (reading and writing) required.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, with the ability to create and edit page and section breaks, automated table of contents, captions, cross-reference tables, and footnotes, among others.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and conflicting schedules in a professional manner. Must be flexible and able to work on weekends to meet deliverable deadlines, as required.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international development donor terminology
Applicants will be evaluated based on a weighted factor of the areas below ( TOTAL 100 points):
- Experience : Quality of service and timeliness/responsiveness based on prior work references and CV (30 max points)
- Qualifications : Quality of past deliverables based on writing samples and references (35 max points)
- Cost : Daily rate in USD (35 max points)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified candidates may also be asked to complete a writing/editing test.
Proposals must include the following components:
- Applicant’s CV
- Cover letter outlining experience
- Proposed daily rate
- Completed FHI 360 Biodata form
- Writing samples (please submit up to 3 writing samples of no more than 10 pages each; excerpts are acceptable).
- 2 references, including contact information
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
How to apply:
Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm for 60 days from the date specified for the receipt of offers, unless another time is specified in the addendum of the RFP.
Proposals due date are on rolling basis. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org