Job Title: Proposal and Reporting Specialist
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Business Development**Role Dimensions**: Interpersonal contact regular and varied, may involve negotiation and representation at coordination level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support development of high-quality proposals:
· Manage and oversee the development of proposal components, including log frame, theory of change and work plan, in collaboration with Technical Leads and Awards
· Draft generic and non-technical sections of proposals and shape technical narratives for coherence and completion
· Consult relevant programme staff on specific programme interventions and proactively advise for development of new initiatives
· Coordinate with technical and operation teams (finance, awards, HR, logistics, field teams) on specific information needed for proposals
· Ensure that all proposal components, including narrative, monitoring and evaluation plan, and work plan, are well-aligned, comprehensive and reflected in the budget
· Review budgets for alignment, cost-effectiveness and value for money and ensure support costs are adequate
· Ensure that gender equality markers and child safeguarding checks are completed during proposal development
· Ensure Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning (MEAL) frameworks and other key cross cutting program elements have been taken into account for all proposals.
· Finalize and package proposals on time and according to donor specifications and deadlines and Save the Children quality standards.
· Coach/ build capacity existing programme staff on proposal development.
· Carry out field visits, meetings and workshops necessary to develop and finalize proposals.
Ensure effective coordination of proposals with other departments, donors and members
· Conduct proposal kick-off meetings with key proposal team members and develop proposal development plans and follow up with proposal team members
· Support Awards with drafting of internal compliance tools
· Liaise with members during proposal development on the member role in project delivery, and, where possible, early feedback on programme design
· Liaise with global and in-country partners for proposal inputs
· Liaise with in-country donors on proposal design, where appropriate
· Together with Awards, ensure all proposal and concept note submissions to donors are reviewed and approved by the relevant people and respond to their feedback
· Update information on relevant tracking tools for business development
· Maintain MS Teams site(s) on behalf of Myanmar Country Office Business Development (this includes ensuring general templates, checklists, and BD information is up-to-date and available to those in the CO as well as ensuring access and historical documents from proposals are easily searchable and available)
Develop donor standard communication materials
· Lead in developing program and donor briefs; propositional concept notes and essential donor fact sheets.
· Develop standard capacity statements based on the strategic goals of Myanmar
· Develop standard SCI information that is usually required for concept notes and proposals (i.e., write up about Myanmar, SCI, organizational capacity, etc.)
· Support the Head of Business Development with any New Business Development needs such as donor mapping/intelligence, proactive member and donor engagement, and strategic positioning and outreach (tools and initiatives)
Support on report writing for selected awards (maximum 20% of time)
· Provide skilled editorial assistance: edit and proofread reports for selected high-risk awards, including making editorial recommendations.
· Finalize reports on time according to donor specifications and language and deadlines and Save the Children quality standards.
· Mentor and/capacity build existing programme staff on reporting**
Maintain and update funding tracker
· Masters and/or Bachelor degree on relevant subject or equivalent field experience**
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· At least 5 years’ substantial experience working with a humanitarian/ development organisation
· Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of narrative proposal and project budgets greater than $1 million.
· Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
· Coordination skills, including experience of coordinating a team of people to deliver results within a restricted timeframe
· Excellent English language skills and ability to communicate effectively using donor language and technical development language
· Good understanding of donor compliance and Save the Children reporting mechanisms and requirements
· Strong representational skills
· Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
· Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
· Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Commitment to Save the Children International values
· Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
How to apply:
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100084Z&tz=GMT%2B06%3A30&tzname=Asia%2FRangoon
Closing Date for Application: 12 December 2021 (Sunday)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.