Job Title: Field Coordinator Central and Southern Iraq – Iraq – Baghdad
Fixed-term contract – 4 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Iraq
The Iraq mission has been open since 1983. PUI develops its integrated approach to bring help to vulnerable refugees, displaced persons as well as host communities (to avoid marginalization when the pressure on available resources becomes unbearable), in order to improve their living conditions and reinforce their resilience to enable them to regain dignity and autonomy.. Furthermore, PUI provides a humanitarian response to needs arising from movements of population through actions aimed at reinforcing the existing Health system, and providing Mental Health Psychosocial Support to the people in need, but also at providing access to Shelter, to drinking Water, Hygiene and Sanitation. Today, the mission is implementing 4 projects.
What about the Field Coordinator Central and Southern Iraq ?
As Field Coordinator, you will be responsible for the the proper functioning of the project site, and proper implementation of programs developed on that site..
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Safety & Security: You will be responsible for the safety & security of the site.
- Programmes: You will coordinate the teams and ensure proper implementation of programs on the site, under the supervision of your immediate supervisor.
- Human Resources: You will supervise all of the teams at the site, as well as national and international staff.
- Logistical, administrative and financial support: You will oversee the logistical, administrative and financial components at the site for the purpose of program implementation, and ensure compliance with the relevant procedures, with substantive support from the Logistics Coordinator (LOGC), and the Administrative and Financial Coordinator (AFC) of the mission.
- You will represent the organization before the partners, authorities, and various local actors operating in the area where your base is located.
- Coordination: You will centralize and disseminate information from/to the site, and consolidate the internal and external reporting activities implemented in your field of operations before submitting them to your immediate supervisor.
- Assessment/ Strategy: You will participate in strategy development and propose new interventions in function of needs identified in your field of operations.
The challenges that await you :
- Access: Access is always challenging due to some administrative procedures and lately also the covid-19 outbreak. The Field Coordinator will need to prioritize understanding the access letter approval process and requirements and strengthening relationship with the authorities to smoothen the access letter approval process.
- Political and Security Context: Security still remains as a main challenge specially in CSI, and potential evolvement during upcoming elections in October. A proactive monitoring of the situation by the FC is important to adapt the organization security rules and project implementation modalities accordingly.
- Remote work: Due to visa issues, access issues as well as COVID-19, staff are still attending the office on rotation basis and remote management is part of the work now. For the given reasons, all staff will be required to work and manage remotely time to time. The FC needs to ensure compliance to the PUI policies and procedures and quality of the work.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Humanitarian action: project management, a technical background related to one of our activity sectors, in human resources management, financial management.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 1 year of experience in the field with international NGOs in project coordination. Experience in international team management, project and security management would be valued. A previous experience as Field Coordinator or in an equivalent position would also be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have excellent writing skills.
- Qualities: You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills and the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« PUI teams are committed to supporting civilian victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapse, by answering their fundamental needs. PUI’s aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. If you have been looking for an opportunity to be part of a committed group of experts and support the population who are are the most needy and waiting humanitarian aids and your support, then the opportunity is there and we welcome you to join our efforts in addressing these needs. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career center.