Job Title: Digital Designer
About the IAS:
IAS – the International AIDS Society – leads collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority and convening power. Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members in more than 170 countries. Working with its members, the IAS advocates and drives urgent action to reduce the impact of HIV. The IAS is also the steward of the world’s most prestigious HIV conferences: the International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Research for Prevention Conference.
The IAS promotes and invests in HIV advocacy and research on key issue areas through our strategic programmes, initiatives, and campaigns that advocate for urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV, including increased investment in HIV cure research; optimizing treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with HIV in resource-limited settings; preventing and treating HIV-related co-infections; and expanding access to prevention, treatment and care for key populations vulnerable to HIV acquisition – such as men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, sex workers and transgender people – including protecting their human rights by combatting punitive laws and discriminatory policies.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Digital Designer will be based in Geneva, Switzerland and report to the Senior Communications Officer – Content. The position is open-ended and full-time to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the position:
The incumbent will design and produce multimedia assets for IAS – the International AIDS Society – and will also provide design oversight and broader support to the Communications and Public Affairs department.
- Design print and digital content for the IAS, including across all social media channels and the IAS website
- Design and produce print and digital content for IAS conferences
- Champion the IAS brand, ensuring proper and consistent use of the IAS visual identity and implementation of the brand design guidelines across all assets
- Lead on video production, including brainstorming, storyboarding, pitching and producing video and animated projects
- Design infographics and edit images for social media content across all IAS channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Provide design direction and support for web pages
- Maintain and oversee the development of the IAS photo library in line with the brand design guidelines
- Project manage and provide design direction to the partner design agency
- Keep up to date on multimedia and interactive industry standards and trends
- Organize and streamline all audio/visual IAS and conference content
- Contribute to the broader activities of the Communications and Public Affairs team as required.
Perform any additional tasks requested by the Senior Communications Officer – Content.
- A design-related degree is highly desirable and a project management course would be an asset.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the field of design (within a communications and/or marketing function or at an agency)
- A strong, versatile portfolio of well-executed design work, including designs for campaigns running across multiple platforms
- Experience working in media is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Extensive knowledge of the full Adobe Suite
- Basic understanding of web development, HTML & CSS
- An interest in UI and UX design
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Cinema 4D, Blender, Sketch is a plus
- An elevated sense of visual style and high attention to detail
- Diverse set of illustration capabilities and interest in photography and videography would also be helpful
- Understanding of brand identity and the tasks that are necessary to execute
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work independently and with a team to identify, explore and implement creative multimedia strategies
- Strong organizational skills, project management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure in an international context
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS is a plus.
- Fluent written and oral English language communication skills
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter indicating a link of portfolio, in English and by email only on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit to work full-time will be considered. Candidates shall mention on their CV their work authorization in Switzerland.
IAS employees are evidence-based, human rights-focused, inclusive and accountable partners in the HIV response. Candidates should display genuine commitment to IAS values (learn more here).
The IAS is committed to recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, diverse and gender-balanced secretariat, and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of its work. People living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.