Job Title: Consortium Coordinator – Afghanistan – Kabul
Fixed-term contract – 9 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Afghanistan
The Afghanistan Mission has existed since 1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed-site intervention via primary health centers or first aid centers, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of which are linked.
What about the Consortium Coordinator – Kabul ?
As Consortium Coordinator, under the direct management of PUI Deputy Head of Mission for Programs and the joint management of the Consortium Steering Committee, your key objectives will be to make sure that the consortium project activities are implemented in a coordinated, efficient, effective, timely and qualitative manner. You will be the guarantor of effective and qualitative internal and external information management according to internal consortium agreed guidelines and donor requirements. The Consortium will be led by PUI, in partnership with one or several partners, and you will ensure the synergy among all them. You will aim to maximize the sectoral and geographical scope of the integrated approach that partners implement separately, as well as to enhance the quality and impact of their humanitarian action by combining resources, complementary expertise and access.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Multi-Agency Team coordination and external representation : You will make sure that all teams (support, technical, implementation…) involved in the consortium project activities are held accountable on their objectives pertaining to the consortium project and alert the Consortium Steering Committee on issues faced.
- Program coordination : You will ensure the activities are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators, in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
- Strategy definition : You will contribute to the regular assessment of the needs, analysis of the situation, re-orientation of the project according to all partner strategies. You will also advocate towards partners, donors or any third party to prioritize consortium project agenda.
- Support coordination : You will ensure regular follow up of financial, logistic and HR means and resources allocated to the project.
- Grants, audit and compliance management : You will coordinate with relevant partners persons the audit responsible, spot check, or other type of control, and ensure respect of donor grants award contract as well as Partnership agreements.
The challenges that await you :
- Remote work that might be needed to a larger extent in the coming months until the end of the year
- Complexity of the program
- High unpredictability and dynamically changing (complex) context
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree in project management, political sciences, international development, humanitarian studies, public administration, social science or relevant areas, or have an equivalent professional experience.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role and/or areas of multi-sector program coordination, have an experience in directly supervising and coordinating diverse teams (implementation/quality teams) and in coordinating multi-agency teams and/or interventions. All the better if you have a past work experience and/or knowledge of donor compliance requirements. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Knowledge and skills : You have a strong knowledge of donor requirements (procedures, reporting…), a solid experience in writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports, an excellent attention to detail, and an extensive knowledge in Project Cycle Management (including activities, budgets, logistics…). You also have a strong experience in negotiation and diplomacy, and a previous experience in managing teams with no direct hierarchy link.
- Qualities : You have a proven capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data, are able to write and edit reports under deadline pressure and to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You have good communication skills for public presentations, are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization, proven management abilities, as well as problem solving and leadership skills. You can work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload, and have a willingness to live and work in insecure/secluded environment with strong movement restrictions. Also, regular field visits (if security allows) to implementation areas are necessary, you will travel significantly within the country. You have strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, database management software, statistical packages, and GIS.
Languages : You must have strong command in writing and editing documents in English. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
Please note that vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory for this country for security and safety reasons. Compliant vaccines are those validated by the World Health Organization
A word from the manager
« Congratulations and welcome to the team. We all look forward to greeting you in person and have you introduced to specificities of our Mission – what we do and who we are. Lots of good wishes for upcoming months and new assignment »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, please follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.