Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
AVSI Foundation, an NGO created in 1972, carries out cooperation projects for development, with particular emphasis on education. In its work, its attention is focused on the defense and promotion of the dignity of the person, the cornerstone of every project. We work all around the world thanks to a network of 35 founding members and more than 700 partners worldwide.
AVSI Foundation has been operating in Jordan since 2006 and contributed in supporting the most vulnerable local communities, Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees through providing projects and activities that focus on health and psycho-social assistance, education, vocational training and job placement and income-generating activities.
Maintain all accounting information by recording transactions, analyzing and reconciling general ledger account, accounts payable and bank accounts.
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Maintain all financial and accounting transactions, in addition to accounting controls according to internal and donor’s policies and procedures in compliance of local financial legal requirements.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts payable and control accounts.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare Cheques and bank transfers.
- Maintain updated tracking sheets.
- Assist in the monthly closing.
- Assist in preparing donor’s financial reporting files.
- Maintaining proper filing system for all financial documents both soft and hard copies as per internal procedures.
- Maintain finance share folder files.
- Prepare for and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit.
- Perform any other duties requested by the management within the area of competence.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in humanitarian sector (Local NGO’s / INGO’s)
Knowledge and Skills
· Familiarity with accounting and financial management practices in humanitarian sector**
· Computer literacy and good knowledge in ERP Systems – Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience is a plus**
· Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office programs**
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Detail-oriented and Strong analytical skills
- Follows policies and procedures, maintains confidentiality, and works with integrity and ethics
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to learn
· Fluency in Arabic including excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent in English including very good written and verbal communication skills
How to apply:
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: Amman@avsi.org
Please mention the position name in the subject of the email: (ACCOUNTANT)
if candidates don’t meet the qualifications they won’t be contacted by AVSI.