Job Title: A DEPUTY COUNTRY DIRECTOR – SUPPORT – NIGERIA
<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
As a member of the Senior Management Team of the mission and under the management of the Country Director, you will provide leadership and management for all the Support Services functions and systems (Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management) within the mission and aim at supporting the Programs implementation and risk management mitigation.
You will be in charge of coordinating the definition and implementation of resource management strategies (human, financial and logistical) of the mission.
You will ensure the relevance and coherence of HR, financial and logistical strategies and the respect of ACF standards and procedures in order to allow the development of the mission in the best working conditions.
You will ensure the proper use of tools and develop an analysis that allows for quality management of programs by maximizing available resources and avoiding financial, legal, misappropriation or abuse risks.
More specifically your mission will be to :
– Coordinate the support teams and ensure their interaction with the program teams
– Facilitate the strategic contribution of the support functions to the development of the country strategy and action plan.
– Ensure the contribution of support functions in the development and monitoring of projects/programs
– Contribute to the implementation of a risk prevention and management system, the reporting of complaints and abuse of authority, the mission’s anti-corruption and anti-fraud policy
– Facilitate the internal and external communication of the mission
– Manage the support HoDs team and create a positive and motivating work dynamic within the national Log/Fin/HR teams
– Support the Country Director on cross-cutting issues of the Organization
– Contribute to business continuity
You have at least 5 years of experience as a member of a management team in the humanitarian sector with a strong background in finance, HR and logistics. You must have an expertise in current safety and security practices and issues affecting aid work globally.
You have experience working in a multi-cultural environment with comprehensive knowledge of the context and challenges of operating in Nigeria. You are known for your diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues, your capacity to work under pressure and your creativity. You are an excellent communicator and have specifics negotiation skills.
You have a good understanding of risk management, a strong analytical and practical problem-solving skill, and a strong supervisory ability.
To be fluent in English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
12 months fixed term contract under French legislation:
– Monthly gross salary from 2 735 to 3185 EUR upon experience
– Per diem and living allowance: 203EUR + 312EUR net, field paid.
– + 150EUR of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
– + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
– + Child allowance, capped to 4 children.
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR:
– 25 days of paid leaves per year.
– + 20 RnR per year.
– + 215 EUR at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
– Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply:
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here