Job Title: International HR Project Manager– 70%
DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF’s Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch.
For our Resources Department, we are looking for a professionally qualified individual to be our new:
International HR Project Manager– 70%
Starting date: asap
Duration: 9 months
THE ROLE **
The International Dossier project which started in 2020 is about mitigating DCAF legal and financial risks in host countries through the development and implementation of an International HR & Legal Policy Framework, as well as reviewing and developing the Compensation system, the benefits and the insurances for both internationally hired staff and locally hired staff in all field offices.
The incumbent will report to the Head of Resources. She/he will manage two key projects for our organisation, participate in country framework assessments, be the focal point for all questions related to international HR matters, and coordinate actions and follow-up on litigations as needed.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
· Project management: overall planning and monitoring of projects’ activities, milestones, deliverables, and deadlines
· Draft guidelines concerning HR-related matters, policies, and practices; provide relevant guidance to both HQ and field-based stakeholders
· Liaise with internal / external experts, our Operations Department and integrate their input into the projects as needed
· Design the future HR data collection process for field offices, and support its roll-out
· Collect and analyse field-based job documentation; work with relevant stakeholders to update / complete it if and as needed
· Collect and analyse information and other data concerning national staff Compensation and Benefits
· Coordinate DCAF’s action concerning case management and other legal questions, including litigations: collect and/or compile relevant information; transmit it to the relevant stakeholder for case evaluation and follow-up; monitor evolution and document outcome if applicable
· Be the reference person for all questions related to international staff.
· 7+ years of HR experience in International Organisations/NGOs, combined with a field experience
· Demonstrated experience in project management
· Good knowledge and understanding of international HR matters
- An advanced degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields
- Fluency in English and French.
- A proactive and “hands on” approach to work and a problem-solving attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of attention to detail along with excellent organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks
· a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience.
· the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people.
· the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights.
How to apply:
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 December 2021 with the subject heading “**International** HR Project Manager”, enclosing:
• a one-page motivational statement in English describing what you can bring to DCAF.
• a concise CV (maximum two pages)
• Please mention your availability date or notice period in your motivational statement.
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.