Job Title: General coordinator (head of mission) (M/F) – Pakistan
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Pakistan since 1996. The head office of MdM Pakistan is based in Islamabad. The team of the KPK project main office is in Peshawar, with team members working between KPK and Islamabad. The teams are composed of 2 internationals and around 38 national staff.
The organization currently implements 2 main projects:
A post emergency program focusing on access to health care for the populations afflicted by the conflict in KPK and/or natural disasters. Since 2009, the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province experienced several displacements of its population into bordering districts that stretched public services. MdM has been supporting the KP Department of health to provide primary healthcare services to host and displaced populations in remote and under resourced districts. The support includes provision of qualified skilled human resources, infrastructure rehabilitation of health facilities, provision of equipment and medicines free of charge and to strengthen the referral mechanism.
Since 2013, Operation Smile provides reconstructive surgery services to the acid burn survivors twice a year through a partner hospital in Islamabad.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk officer based at HQ, you supervise the proper implementation of MdM rules and strategy in the country. You are responsible for ensuring the implementation of quality projects, external representation with other NGO, donor and governmental bodies, fundraising and budget management, security and operations management, and management of the team. The coordination team is composed of the following coordinators: logistics, administrative and medical.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Define collective and individual objectives and goals for the coordination team, the project manager-OS and the Peshawar base manager
- Define HR strategy of recruitment for coordinators positions
- Advise adjustments whenever necessary to the common definition of living rules and conditions of employment
- Supervise directly the country coordinators and the field coordinators
Strategy, planning and implementation
- Work closely with the desk officer, RMs, coordinators and managers, to develop a country strategy
- Design and roll-out sustainability plans that ensure that projects achievements will be maintained
- Monitor emergencies in the country and conducts rapid assessments
- Assess the functioning of the programmes, define general organization of the Pakistan mission and propose adjustments to the organization chart
- Designs MdM annual budgets and revised budgets
- Ensure MdM and donor financial and administrative compliance in the budgetary follow-up
- Be responsible to submit the monthly fund request to HQ and for donor funds request
Security and safety
- Review regularly the analysis of the context and the security & safety conditions
- Be responsible for security management in Islamabad
- Ensure implementation of security & safety rules and their application by all teams
- Maintain a personal network that ensures a neutral view on security and context analysis
- Ensure analysis of the “local donors’ environment”
- Be responsible for active funding research at country level
- Ensure submission of appropriate, timely high quality proposals and lead required donor negotiations in country
- Attend meetings with donors, the negotiation of contractual elements and manage relations with donors
- Represent the organization and liaise at federal and provincial levels with national authorities, NGO, and donor agencies to promote MdM programs
- Negotiate agreements, work connections, MoUs, NoCs etc. with the local authorities
Communication and reportings
- Ensure operational compliance with MdM and donor policies and projects objectives
- Ensure the compliance with country’s legislation and MdM rules
- Manage to send reports on activities and organise the centralisation of information, and the communication of the coordination team
- Ensure smooth communication flows between HQ and Pakistan mission
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Strating date: as soon as possible
Based in Islamabad with regular visit to project areas
For Pakistani nationals or Pakistani residents: contract under Pakistani law
For other nationalities: contract under French law
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master level preferable (international development, management, public health)
Strong INGO experience as head of mission
Strong experience in representation
Preferable experience in health sector
Professional experience in Muslim context would be an asset
Necessary experience of security management in unsafe environments
Languages: English is mandatory and French, Urdu or Pashto are an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JNVTiFui?idpartenaire=128