Job Title: Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
- Head of Internal Audit, BRAC International
- Country Director, BRAC South Sudan
As per organogram
BRAC South Sudan, Country Office
6-7 years’ experience in relevant field
Audit Manager, Audit Officer and Assistant Audit Officer (if any), Country Director, CEO of MF, Programme / Project Managers and Department / Units Heads in Country Office, and BI Internal Audit Team
About BRAC South Sudan
Founded by Sir Fazle Abed in 1972, the acronym of “BRAC” stands for *an idea of a World where everyone has an equal opportunity to realize their potential.* With a strong landmark in Bangladesh, BRAC has grown into the World ‘s largest development organization, tackling poverty at scale. In 2009, BRAC International (BI) was set-up as a non-profit foundation in the Netherlands to govern and manage all BRAC entities outside Bangladesh. Currently Bl operates in 11 countries (Africa and Asia) whilst offering technical assistance to 34 governments Worldwide. Bl is famous for investing in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Bl has been operational in South Sudan since 2006 and legally incorporated as BRAC South Sudan. Over the years, BRAC has delivered programs in livelihoods, health, education, micro-finance and emergency response. Currently BRAC South Sudan is working in the five states of Eastern Equatoria, Central Equatoria, Western Equatoria, Western Bahr el Ghazal and Northern Bahr el Ghazal. The current programs include (1) USAID contract for the Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience (EPRR) project, (2) Global Affairs Canada-funded project for Community-based Education (COBE) and (3) UNOPS-funded Third Party Monitoring (TPM) project.
Effective and efficient functions of internal audit services in Country Office and strategic support to the Country Director, and Head of Internal Audit, BRAC International.
The Senior Manager, Internal Audit leads BRAC South Sudan advanced level professional internal auditing operations. The scope of work will include but not limited to operational, financial, risks, processes, and compliance-based audit projects. Other projects will include, but not be limited to, due diligence, fraud investigations, pre and post-IT reviews.
S/He will lead and administer a comprehensive risk, compliance, and process-based internal audit program to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and BRAC’s policies, procedures and processes are designed with efficiency and effectiveness. He/She also guide the responsibility for the recruitment and onboarding of new internal audit staff and conducts performance evaluations, including developing, mentoring and coaching of staff.
S/He will eventually through BI’s Internal Audit have complete discretion over the design, development, and testing strategy of the BRAC South Sudan’s overall audit which will encompass multiple risk verticals.
· Development and implementation of risk-based annual internal audit plan as per the guideline of the head office;
· Development of monthly risk-based internal audit plans and circulate to country management;
· Conduct process audit, program quality audit, safeguarding review as per the recommended schedule of the head office;
· Overall responsible for auditing BRAC’s all operations at the country level.
· Implementation of Internal Audit Manual in BRAC South Sudan.
· Quality enhancements of compliance function through Compliance Reporting on ICQ & & Quick Review, Regulatory and Donor Compliance and Financial Statement.
· Preparation of Summary Reports, Target Achievement Reports, Reply on IA Report not found for Country Management.
· Transparency and accountability established through Internal Audit Reporting and Internal Audit Review Management Committee (IARMC) Meeting.
· Maintain audit independence at each level at the time of audit.
· Recruited and deploy Internal Audit Resources in appropriate areas to achieve the Internal Audit Plan and grow them up for the next internal audit leader in the country.
· Capacity building of staff through the quality improvement of audit, documentation and reporting and communication.
· Conduction of investigation if requested by Country Director
· Advise and supervise the audit activities carried out by the audit team as per the Annual Internal Audit Plan
· Delegate, allocate and assign audit team to carry out the audit work
· Finalise the audit report (including special report) and deliver to respective management
· Ensure timely and effective execution of the audit work
· Discuss with the management of major risks or audit findings identified in the audit report in the CMT Meeting. Quarterly Programme’s Review Meeting.
· Continuous communication with the BI Internal Audit team and Head of Internal Audit, BI to keep the management updated about any important issues regarding the audit, risk management and compliance services.
· Ensure the preservation of various documentation for audit work such as working papers, supporting evidence, permanent file, current file, circulars, minutes, office memo, preserving duly signed risk registers, all reports and emails sent to head office, BI and any other documents which need to be preserved.
· Conduct meetings with donors or training for both local and expatriate staff regarding compliance and risk management services.
· Presentation on Internal Audit Services to newly recruited staffs including Young Professional in-country office requested by the programmes and HRD.
· Any other activities related to internal audit assigned by the line management and senior management.
· Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for the establishment of a safe working environment.
· Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned following the safeguarding policy and procedure.
· Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Achievement report on the implementation of the Internal Audit Manual.
· Annual Internal Audit Plan.
· Quarterly Target Achievement Report on Annual Internal Audit Plan.
· Quarterly Summary Report on Internal Audit Reports.
· Yearly Physical Verification Reports on Fixed Assets, Cash and Inventory.
· Bi-annual Audit Review Committee Meeting & its minutes.
· Staff Succession Plan.
· Yearly staff training plan
Required Qualifications/Personal Specifications (Experience, Knowledge and skills)
· 6-7 years’ experience in the field of accounting, finance or auditing. Big 4 experience or working experience with BRAC environment will be preferable.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting. Having a master’s degree will be an advantage
· Professional degree (or course completion) in the field of accounting and auditing, i.e.- CA, ACCA, CPA, CIA
Knowledge and skills
· Maintaining the Internal Audit and Internal Control System, Compliance, Management and Risk Management services and dealing with financial management, tax matters and legal affairs of the organization.
· Ability to work in a multicultural work environment.
· Energetic, self-motivated, innovative, team builder, ambitious and self-starter.
· Excellent proficiency in English both oral & written.
· Problem-solving, good supervisory skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
How to apply (Application Instructions)
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 34/21 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 16th December 2021
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are the part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer