Job Title: Risk and Compliance Coordinator- National Post
Risk and Compliance Coordinator- National Post
The role holder is responsible for providing support to the Head of Risk and Compliance. This document is intended to clarify core, shared expectations of Risk and Compliance to existing staff and newcomers, to key stakeholders such line managers, technical advisors, regional leads, and those who rely on the risk/compliance/control/fraud work they do.
The role is a critical 2nd line of control for the organisation and requires independent and objective staff. The role should therefore report into the Head of Risk and Compliance. The Head of Risk and Compliance will provide functional coaching/feedback and development to the individual and should be involved in their recruitment/ talent management/ objective setting processes.
Due to huge range of size and complexity of countries in SCI the exact level of resource required needs to be defined locally.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Reports to: Head of Risk and Compliance)
Staff reporting to this post: TBC
SCOPE OF ROLE:
1. RISK IDENFICATION & ASSESSMENT –
Support the organisation’s Head of Risk and Compliance in risk identification and assessment processes. Individual will:
* Be familiar of SCI Risk Framework tools and techniques (including JORT/RMP/ Datix).
* Provide insight support to award risk assessments
* Facilitate risk management processes
* Conduct risk assessment as per the annual risk and compliance workplan, and prepare reports
* Prepare and update the RMP in line with the risk management processes.
2. RISK PREVENTION/ CONTROL & MITAGATION –
Provide Support to ensure risk prevention mesures are fit-for-purpose.
* Provide support on internal control/ mitigation design for new projects or processes
* Provide support for risk prevention expertise to major humanitarian incidents
3. CONTROL & MITIGATION TESTING COMPLIANCE –
Provide compliance checks/ audit reviews to provide assurance on key risk management controls’
* Implement the annual workplan of compliance / spot checks/audit reviews on key Management controls E.g. field office audits, vetting spot checks
* Review/attend key control meetings/ process and ensure that they are working & provide specialist input E.g. attending Finance Control Compliance meeting
4. INCIDENT RESPONSE/ INVESTIGATIONS (FRAUD/ MULTI FACETED) –
Provide independent reporting of risk, incidents & investigations
* Support in reporting of risk v appetite and management of escalations as appropriate
* Report incidents in Datix that affect ability of an organisation to hit its objectives
* Conduct fraud investigations
* Coordinate Fraud / investigator training
* Whistle blowing service provision & follow up
5. ACTION TRACKING AND ASSURANCE
* Track progress of risk actions so unit head can provide appropriate annual assurance on risks.
* Track audit/ investigation findings
None mandatory. Candidates are sought from all functional backgrounds.
Essential: Experience and Skills
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position within both the commercial and NGO sectors.
* A strong interest in international development/humanitarian work
* a programme experience, with strong analytical skills is preferable
* Excellent business partnering and relationship building skills
* Proven ability to have a highly strategic focus, whilst dealing competently with operational matters
* Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability work in teams and motivate others
* Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* Willing to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
* Commitment to Save the Children values
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFyaWFtLjQ3OTY1LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ