Job Title: Mine & Explosives Remnants of War Consultant
- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- Our client supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian & development projects around the world. Their mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the UN, govt’s & other partners to manage projects, infrastructure & procurement in a sustainable & efficient manner. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, their vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, our client offers its partners the logistical, technical & management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure & global reach means that they can quickly respond to their partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale. The ongoing conflict has caused significant disruptions to the supply chain & to the overall availability of services. In light of the reduced or even absent provision of public services, communities have been affected by disease & environmental degradation. Physical damage to infrastructure & the lack of functionality in one sector often spills over into other sectors with significant consequences on both the access to & quality of services, that are often interrelated. Our client is undertaking a multi sectoral engagement aims at restoring urban services mainly in energy, urban roads, WASH, municipality services with focus in water & sanitation targeted cities in Yemen using an integrated approach.
The main objective of this TOR is to hire one short term Mine / Explosives Remnants of War Consultant who shall prepare the needed reports & mapping of our clients subprojects in the cities they have intervention & in order to make sure it is clear from Mine / Explosives Remnants of War under our clients project in country. The Consultant shall work under the supervision of their office in Sana’a to achieve the objective & the scope of the assignment. The scope is to prepare the needed reports & mapping of our clients subprojects in the cities our cleint has intervention & make sure it is clear from Mine / Explosives Remnants of War in accordance with their guidelines & standards. This will include but not limited to:
- Prepare reports & mapping of our clients subprojects locations in the city & make sure it is clear from Mine / Explosives Remnants of War & assist in providing relevant data to the subprojects technical teams.
- Collect data for planning & prioritizing of Mine Risk Education (MRE) activities, organize & maintain up to date accreditation records & other files related to MRE / CL activities & data.
- Maintain contacts with International Non Governmental Organizations (I / NGO’s) implementing partners at state / local levels to maintain a good communication with the all the organisation working in the country.
- Represent our client at MRE / VA technical meetings & workshops as needed to take notes & report back to our clients office in Sana’a.
- Liaise with partner agencies, I / NGO’s, contractors & UN agencies in mine action in obtaining up to date information & actively engage in public information initiatives & maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information activities.
- Keep track & proper filing of decisions & actions taken on program issues.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by our client.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- Master Degree (or its equivalent) is required, preferably in Business Administration, Management , International Development, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Sociology, Law or relevant field.
- 2 years of working experience in Mine / Explosives Remnants of War actions is required.
- Experience in working with govt. officials, especially those concerned with mine action & other mine action operators in Yemen is an asset.
- Full domain knowledge (written & spoken) of English & Arabic.
- Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity & inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others. Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs & inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self & / or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes their impact on their beneficiaries.
- Open to change & flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences & modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions.
- Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner.
- Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: