Job Title: Capacity Development Specialist Consultancy
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact employees embrace the core values of Respect, Integrity and Inclusion.
Pact is part of the consortium implementing the MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project, a five-year global funded USAID project to provide targeted Maternal Newborn Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health (MNCH/FP/RH) and Technical and Capacity Development Assistance (TCDA) to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. MCGL aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global MNCH/FP/RH goals through support to globally endorsed MNCH/FP/RH initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans.
Pact seeks a long-term consultant to work closely with the MCGL team to lead and coordinate the implementation of Pact’s capacity development activities for the project in Bangladesh. Pact is supporting organizational capacity development of two local partners in Bangladesh using approaches such as the Integrated Technical and Organizational Capacity Assessments (ITOCA) and Organizational Performance Index (OPI) to identify strengths, weaknesses and establish Change Action Plans (CAPs) to guide capacity development activities during the course of the project. Successful applicants will work closely with the local partners, Pact and other consortium partners. They are responsible for the quality design and delivery of the program’s capacity development activities as identified in the CAPs and ensuring that these are implemented in compliance with all donor, consortium, Pact, and project-specific policies.
· Work with MOMENTUM team and partner organizations to deliver high-quality technical and organizational capacity development activities for selected partners
· Lead implementation and routine monitoring of CAPs to address gaps identified in the ITOCA process
· Develop and implement strategic policy documents (strategic plan/resources mobilization strategy/communication &visibility strategy/ Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system, etc) materials and processes for topics identified
· In consultation with partners, determine appropriate delivery mechanisms for capacity development activities, including training, mentoring, coaching, peer learning and other methods
· Document challenges and successes resulting from CAP implementation and proactively raise these with Pact staff for quality delivery of activities
· Contribute to MOMENTUM reporting processes in coordination with consortium staff
· Manage partner data in Pact’s Capacity Solutions Platform
· Remain up to date with latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements and ensure that the project capacity development efforts are consistent with the best practices of the industry
· Perform other duties as assigned
Management and coordination support
· Contribute to the development of MOMENTUM annual work plans and program reporting
· Coordinate with MOMENTUM stakeholders in all aspects of activity planning, implementation, monitoring and learning
· Attend and contribute to relevant MOMENTUM working groups, meetings, and workshops
· Actively participate in Pact’s Capacity Development Community of Practice
· BA with 5+ years or MA with 3+ years of experience in global development, public health, organizational development, or related fields
· Experience in implementing and coordinating technical and organizational capacity building programs with non-government organizations, governments, and private sector
· Professional background in health and gender programs
· Experience in development of key strategic plans (organizational strategy, workplans, resource mobilization plans) for non-profits and volunteer-run organizations working in Global Health
· Experience in facilitation (including virtual), capacity development approaches and methods relevant to capacity development
· Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to perform and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a consortium of partners to produce timely and high-quality results
· Prior USG project experience pertaining to capacity strengthening is a plus
· Must be local to Dhaka
· Must be proficient in English and Bengali languages
CLOSING DATE: December 1, 2021
How to apply:
· To be considered, applicants must submit the following
o CV in reverse chronological format
o Cover letter including consultant daily rate in USD and date available
o Proof of medical insurance
o Three professional references including name, contact information, relationship to the referee and reference to daily rate
o USAID BioData form
· Submit necessary documents to Brittany Haga at email@example.com with “MOMENTUM Bangladesh Consultant” in subject line
CLOSING DATE: December 1, 2021