Job Title: Junior Assistant Data Analyst
Overview of position
As part of the UK Government supporting Sudan’s efforts to move, where possible, to longer-term and more sustainable development, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCDO) has supported our client to implement the “Urban Water in Darfur” project. The project is aimed at increasing the availability and reliability of water sources in the four state capital towns of Darfur in Sudan. The project output to date enabled access to clean drinking water for an estimated 400,000 people, in two states, and the project also supports improved water supply management in two further states. The project is jointly implemented by UNICEF and our client.
The UW4D project has four key components:
· Infrastructure maintenance, upgrading and expansion to provide access to water to 400,000 people in El Fasher and Zalingei.
· Master planning for four towns. Master plans will be prepared in 2021 for Geneina and Nyala.
· Capacity building of urban water authorities.
· Framework for managing urban water utilities in Sudan. This component represents a knowledge management, dissemination, and upscaling initiative, to share learning and commence interactions at Federal level to address systemic challenges facing utilities.
This ToR relates primarily to the second component (master planning), with a linkage to the knowledge management component.
The objective of assignment is to provide support to the technical team to collect, capture and represent data for use in the planning and knowledge repository. This includes socio-economic, infrastructure and geospatial data for four towns (el Fasher, Nyala, Geneina and Zalingei), and includes field validation of data. The position is a developmental position and is intended to build on basic qualifications to build capacity of the incumbent.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Junior Data Analyst will support the geohydrologist, GIS expert, water market study leader, master planning experts, M&E experts and engineering staff in collecting, capturing and mapping data for various reports. Tasks will include
· Support the technical team in the field to collect data
· Capture data in approved software, including Excel and GIS software
· Support data analysis using Excel
· Support to technical team, particularly to capture data in approved software, from field information gathered, mapping of the information.
· Prepare layouts and diagrams reflecting the data graphically.
Monthly progress against activities
Ability to collect, analyse and present data graphically
May be required to manage data collectors from the community.
Female candidates are always encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: