INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCMENET
TITLE: Regional Cluster Technical Advisor
PROGRAM OFIICE: Ethiopia Country Program, FP Integration in PHC project
REPORETS TO: Project Lead
DUTY STATION: Jigjiga, Somali Region
EngenderHealth’s vision is a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth seeks applications from experienced technical expert to serve as Regional Cluster Technical Advisor for the FP Integration in Primary Health Care (PHC) project. The goal of the project is to improve and strengthen the integration of FP services across Ethiopia’s PHC service delivery platforms for improved reproductive, maternal, and child health outcomes. The project is expected to inform how and at what levels of the PHC system FP services can be more effectively integrated and generate lesson on effective ways of integrating PPFP and PAFP with in RMNCH-N services. Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
The Regional Cluster Technical Advisor under the supervision of the Project Lead will be responsible for providing management and technical assistance in day-to-day implementation of EngenderHealth supported program/projects particularly in the implementation of the FP integration in PHC project particularly PPFP and PAFP activities at assigned geographic area. The Regional Advisor will be primary responsible for regional level project start up, work plan development and coordinating with project partners for implementation. The Regional Advisor will collaborate with local MOH and EnegnederHelth clinical team and ensure the quality of PPFP and PAFP service through application of various training approaches, clinical mentorship and post training follow up support at selected health care facilities. The Regional Advisor will also collaborate with community level health structure and EngenderHealth’s Community Engagement and GYSI team and ensure socio-cultural barrier to access are addressed and demand is created for PPFP and PAFP. The Regional Advisor will be responsible for organizing and facilitating trainings, conducting regular site visits, and provide technical assistance including coaching to health care providers working in public health facilities and with other partners. The Regional Advisor will provide coordination support for FP integration assessment and implementation research. The Regional Advisor will coordinate and monitor/supervise timely implementation of project activities and budget utilization under his/her custody.
DETAIL DTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads regional/cluster level project activities such as project work planning, coordinating assessments, reviews, monitoring and evaluation;
- Assists service delivery sites to initiate appropriate integration of quality family planning and other RMNCH services;
- Assists service delivery sites in meeting quality standards by coordinating and providing training, training follow-up visits, and technical support as needed, particularly in the area of Family Planning (with focus on integration of PPFP and PAFP with other essential health services);
- Assists service delivery sites in ensuring the application of right based approach including ensuring informed choice and voluntary decision making process by providing training and technical assistance on counseling and interpersonal communication, including for postpartum, safe abortion and PAC clients;
- Provides onsite training and orientation to create enabling platform to roll out PAFP and PPFP integrated service at the government health facility;
- Conducts whole site Value Clarification and Attitudinal Transformation exercise in health Centers and Hospitals to clarify providers and supportive staff attitude on abortion care service and comprehensive contraception;
- Provides assistance in introducing a range of quality improvement tools (infection prevention, Quality Measurement Tool, etc).
- Coordinates Integrated Pharmaceutical Logistic and Supply chain management training and provide follow up support to help government partners timely identify and address supply/commodity gaps and ensure sustained availability of contraceptive commodities at service delivery sites.
- Works with Community Engagement and SBCC team to design and implement effective community based demand creation activities on FP (particularly PPFP and PAFP);
- Closely works with GYSI (Gender Youth and Social advisor) to ensure integration of GYSI across all project activities and ensure gender related barriers on FP (particularly PPFP and PAFP) are addressed.
- Monitors public health facilities for continued and uninterrupted service delivery at health care facilities of his custody;
- Prepares periodic reports of program results and disseminates results including by project reports, publications, summaries and special reports;
- Coordinates monitoring evaluation and research activities in collaboration with country based technical team, implementing research p, and local universities as necessary;
- Ensures proper representation of EngenderHealth/the project and maintains effective and collaborative working relationship with diverse stakeholders, including Regional/Zonal Health Bureaus and other regional partners and ensure alignment of the project activities with government priorities and standards;
- Performs other activities as assigned by immediate supervisor or EngenderHealth assigned person.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- BSc, MD or MPH in reproductive health and related areas.
- At least 5 years of work experience in health programming with demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of FP and other SRH programs in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated experience on PPFP (including PPIUCD) and PAFP programming.
- At least 2years’ programmatic and technical experience of implementing in-service training, mentoring and supportive supervision in the areas of FP/SRH.
- Experience in technical assistance for RHBs or teaching hospitals/ academic institution
- Expertise in-service trainings, Structured on the Job Trainings, Catchment Based Clinical Mentorship and supportive supervision are advantageous.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETANCIES
- Demonstrated ability to take long-term view and build a shared vision with others; acts as a catalyst for change and inspire others to translate vision into action.
- Proven capacity to keeps up to date with trends in the field and develop a climate in the program that is conducive to creative thinking.
- Ability to recognize and act on internal and external factors that affect the work of the organization/program.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of health service delivery system particularly PHCU.
- Demonstrated leadership in working and collaborating with a wide range of partners including RHBs, universities/teaching hospitals, and NGO partners.
- Ability to interact with experts and collaborators across multiple disciplines, program areas, and cultures.
- Proven capacity to oversee development/implementation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation activities, and reports.
- Keen to clinical quality standards implementation
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor team with excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including written and oral communications in English.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Windows applications, including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to travel up to 75 % of the time.
How to Apply
Interested and well-qualified candidates can submit their application & CV through http://www.engenderhealth.org. There is no need to send your credentials at this stage.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with Engender Health. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.