This is no ordinary opportunity.
Our Program Manager (International Operations) has the power to change the lives of millions of children around the world.
Working with our team of highly engaged education, publishing and technology specialists you’ll take ownership of a range of innovative technology enabled education programs in the Pacific and South East Asia. No two days will ever be the same as you work with local authors and illustrators to create culturally diverse and age appropriate illustrated children’s books, support the deployment of class-leading software and hardware in remote low-literacy communities, and provide our hands-on training and support to educators working with world’s leading aid and development agencies. You’ll also innovate to diversify our index of products and services with a view to scale for greater impact, efficacy and revenue.
We’ve already changed the lives of more than 410,000 children, and with your help we can grow that to 20 million before the end of this decade.
Library For All is no ordinary not for profit.
As a not for profit enterprise of Save the Children Australia, our mission is to make knowledge accessible to all equally. We have a proud history of using technology to disrupt traditional publishing models, and we leverage technology and innovation in our everyday work to improve educational outcomes for children around the world. As a trusted partner to many of the world’s leading development agencies, we’re laser focused on scaling our impact to create measurable change for millions more children.
Where you come in:
In this full-time, one-year position (with the potential for extension), based in your choice of Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney you will work directly with our partner communities, and our funding and programming partners to d eliver technology enabled education programming. You will join our management team and report to our Head of Program Services.
You will make an impact by:
- Leading programs that enable our publishing team to create new culturally diverse and age appropriate books for our digital library
- Leading programs that enable our technology team to create and deploy software and hardware to support education programs
- Leading programs that enable our program services team to deliver products and services that support our partners with delivering their education programming
- Leading the development and maintenance of strong partnerships with key stakeholders in multiple international communities
- Developing, leading and mentoring a team of program specialists to support the continuing growth of our international operations
- Identifying and delivering opportunities (including responding to new funding opportunities) to create greater impact to children around the world
Does this sound like you?
You are an experienced senior program professional with an exceptional working knowledge of, and relationships across, the Pacific and South East Asia. You’ll have exceptional inter-personal skills, well-developed stakeholder relationship management skills and a flexible communication style including in multilingual environments. You will demonstrate an ability to set and achieve audacious goals, whilst working autonomously in a rapidly growing organisation with strong ambitions. Importantly, you’ll share our passion for delivering better educational outcomes for children using technology as an enabler.
This role requires:
- Extensive experience working in international communities in the field of education or aid programming or literacy initiatives
- Significant senior experience in a Program Management role in an aid, development, or education related environment
- Demonstrated awareness of cross-cultural community needs and sensitivities related to working in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrated success in delivering a highly ambitious program of challenging projects in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage people
Working at Library For All is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to working at the leading edge of education technology alongside a team of highly engaged processionals you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities within Library For All and Save the Children
- Friendly and highly flexible work environment including working from home
- Competitive salary + superannuation
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
We’d love to hear from you. Hit Apply and upload your cover letter and resume.
Applications close midnight 24 Nov 2021
Position Description – Program Manager (International Operations)
At Library For All, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Library For All is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police C heck, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Library For All supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.
How to apply:
from UNGO Jobs